Where to get color glossy prints made 8 1/2 x 11 ?

Old June 29th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sarah Houston

Default Where to get color glossy prints made 8 1/2 x 11 ?

Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy prints
made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?

Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?

I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some print on
one side only.

Like a pin-up calendar photo.

Old June 29th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Sarah Houston wrote:
Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy prints
made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?

Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?

I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some print on
one side only.

Like a pin-up calendar photo.

Probably at WalMart or Costco.
Old June 29th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 22:42:32 -0700, Bob Williams wrote:
Sarah Houston wrote:
Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy prints
made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?
Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?
I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some print on
one side only.
Like a pin-up calendar photo.

Probably at WalMart or Costco.

But, there aren't any WalMarts or Costcos in Zimbabwe.
Old June 30th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Sarah Houston wrote:
Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy prints
made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?

Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?

I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some print on
one side only.

Like a pin-up calendar photo.

I just paid 8c a print plus postage from www.yorkphoto.com. I've been
happy with them.
Dave Cohen
Old June 30th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sarah Houston

Dave Cohen wrote :

Sarah Houston wrote:
Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy
prints made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?

Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?

I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some
print on one side only.

Like a pin-up calendar photo.

I just paid 8c a print plus postage from www.yorkphoto.com. I've been
happy with them.
Dave Cohen

For 8 1/2 x 11 glossy?

Old June 30th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HerHusband

Where's the lowest cost place to get single-sided color glossy prints
made, in qty of 50, of the same photo?

Something like 80-100 lb glossy photo paper?

I want to make a brochure, unfolded, with a color photo and some print
on one side only.

Like a pin-up calendar photo.

You could try your local Kinko's, Lazerquick, Office Depot, or other
printshop. They usually have computers you can rent time on and print to
their color printers. But, it will most likely be laser prints, and you may
not be able to get glossy paper.

Another option is to use graphics software to create an image that will fit
on a standard digital photo size (maybe an 11x14). Then any photo printing
shop or kiosk (Walmart, Fred Meyer, etc.) should be able to make the prints
for you. But you would need to cut them down to the 8.5x11 size you need. I
used that approach to make Christmas postcards one year and it worked OK.

I've had several items printed at CatPrint (www.catprint.bz) and have been
happy with the results. You can get as few as one, or as many as you need.
Obviously, the cost per sheet goes down with larger quantities. They have a
variety of papers available, and can fold and/or cut the sheets if you need
it.

The quality from CatPrint is quite nice, though I did have some issues with
color matching in the past. However, I think they upgraded their equipment
recently and the most recent prints I had made were perfect.

I needed glossy sheets custom cut to fit poly CD cases, in small
quantities, of course. CatPrint is still the only place I've found to do
this.

Take care,

Anthony