Converter to Allow Use of Minolta Manual Focus Lenses With Autofocus Cameras?

Old September 24th 04, 12:57 AM
mcl

Default Converter to Allow Use of Minolta Manual Focus Lenses With Autofocus Cameras?

Using Google I tracked down this message I left some months ago. A company
answered me directly saying they did sell them. I has a system crash and
lost all e-mail. I had to completely reload windows. Hoping you see this
message again.

From: mcl (levinemc_nospam_at_remove_charter_remove.net)
Subject: Converter to Allow Use of Minolta Manual Focus Lenses With
Autofocus Cameras?

This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Date: 2004-06-26 19:49:19 PST

I was just wondering. Did/does anyone make a converter of some kind
to allow the use of Minolta Manual lenses on Minolta Autofocus Cameras?
(Yes I know it would be in manual mode only).
I know I've seen converters advertised on Ebay to allow the use of one
kind of manual focus lens on other brands of cameras (don't remember which
one).
Just wondering if were possible to take that to a different level.
I have both a Minolta XG-7 and X-700 with a bunch of lenses.
If there were a converter to let me use them with their
Autofocus cameras I might make a gradual crossover.

Old September 24th 04, 01:03 AM
Elie A Shammas

There is an adapter made my minolta that allows you to put your MD lenses
on AF bodies. However, it doubles the focal length. A quick search on ebay
show several of these adapters. Search for "MD Maxxum"

Elie

From: mcl (levinemc_nospam_at_remove_charter_remove.net)

Newsgroups: rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

From: mcl (levinemc_nospam_at_remove_charter_remove.net)

Newsgroups: rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

Old September 25th 04, 03:20 AM
Magnus W

"mcl" mo_spam_levinemc_no_spam_at_no_sman_charter.net_n o_spam wrote in
:

I was just wondering. Did/does anyone make a converter of some kind
to allow the use of Minolta Manual lenses on Minolta Autofocus
Cameras? (Yes I know it would be in manual mode only).

There are at least four such adapters. One Sigma, one no-name, and two from
Minolta (for long and short lenses). The Minoltas are 2x, the Sigma is 1.6x
IIRC. The no-name adapter gives a slight tele effect but nothing to write
home about. It is readily available at B&H. Do note that metering will be
screwed up on all cameras except the original AF series -- it varies from
lens to lens and can't be compensated in any sane way. If you shoot
negative film you may never notice it, slides is a giveaway however.