Another of my sunset photographs

Old May 31st 17, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Another of my sunset photographs

On 5/31/2017 3:58 AM, David B. wrote:
On 31/05/2017 01:55, PeterN wrote:
On 5/30/2017 7:01 AM, David B. wrote:
On 30/05/2017 10:52, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 22:45:16 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
Is a shot like this of any interest?

https://www.viewbug.com/photo/68691912

Please let me know.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

It seems a bit crooked, I would have rotated it clockwise a couple
of degrees.

This one is better, don't you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview...5+-+Sunset.jpg

Took me to my DB home page.

Oh dear! :-( Thanks for telling me, Peter.

Does THIS link 'work'?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ahm4a5b6k...unset.jpg?dl=0

TIA

Yep! It is a nice scene, but to my eye the shadow areas are blocked.

--
PeterN
Old May 31st 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 31/05/2017 16:29, PeterN wrote:
[...]

Phew! Thanks for letting me know about the link, Peter. :-)

Will you tell me, please, what you mean when you say "blocked"?

--
David B.
Old June 1st 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 01/06/2017 10:06, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 June 2017 07:47:40 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 01/06/2017 04:23, RichA wrote:
On Monday, 29 May 2017 04:28:31 UTC-4, David B. wrote:
On 29/05/2017 04:54, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 17:45:16 UTC-4, David B. wrote:
Is a shot like this of any interest?

https://www.viewbug.com/photo/68691912

Please let me know.

It looks good, colour balance is right, the sky is blue and not purple like I see in so many shots. I also like the blacked-out treeline because it's more like deep twilight and emphasizes the sky.

Thank you for your kind comments, 'RichA'. :-)

Did you view (and like!) the other image at the same link?

--
David B.

It was good too. Long enough DR to look interesting (texture of the beach) but not pushed too far.

Another 'thank you'! :-) I'm truly blessed to live here!

Are you familiar with the 'viewbug' facility? I've only recently
accepted their promotion to use same and have put up, so far, just those
two photographs to test it. I've not experienced any problems of which
I've become aware.

--
David B.

I'm curious about the limited amount of data they include.
Camera: FinePix J210
Apertu 330/100
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 10/700
Focal Length: 510/100

I understand camera & ISO but what with the others ? any idea.

If you take them as maths then Aperture is f3.3 Tv 1/70th 5.1mm focal lenght just wondering why it's displayed the way it is.

I much regret that I cannot help you with this, Dave. :-(

I ran another photograph, taken with the same camera, through the
facility here http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

Here's the data given ....

Basic Image Information
Target file: DSCF1787.jpg
Camera: Fujifilm FinePix J210
Lens: 9.8 mm
(Max aperture f/3.2)
Exposu Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/60 sec, f/4.1, ISO 400
Flash: Auto, Fired
Date: September 26, 2015 3:52:55PM (timezone not specified)
(1 year, 8 months, 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds ago,
assuming image timezone of US Pacific)
File: 3,648 × 2,736 JPEG (10.0 megapixels)
1,645,889 bytes (1.6 megabytes)
Color Encoding:
WARNING: Color space tagged as sRGB, without an embedded color profile.
Windows and Mac browsers and apps treat the colors randomly.
Images for the web are most widely viewable when in the sRGB color space
and with an embedded color profile. See my Introduction to Digital-Image
Color Spaces for more information.
Main JPG image displayed here at 12% width (1/66 the area of the
original)

Click image to isolate; click this text to show histogram

Here's the full data:

XMP
XMP Toolkit XMP Core 5.4.0
Creator Tool Photos 1.5
Date Created 2015:09:26 15:52:55
1 year, 8 months, 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Rights
EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 760 bytes (0.7k)
Make FUJIFILM
Camera Model Name FinePix J210
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Software Photos 1.5
Copyright
Exposure Time 1/60
F Number 4.10
Exposure Program Program AE
Exif Version 0220
Date/Time Original 2015:09:26 15:52:55
1 year, 8 months, 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Components Configuration Y, Cb, Cr, -
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 4
Shutter Speed Value 1/60
Aperture Value 4.14
Brightness Value 5
Exif Image Size 3,648 × 2,736
ISO 400
Exposure Compensation 0
Max Aperture Value 3.2
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Light Source Unknown
Flash Auto, Fired
Focal Length 9.8 mm
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Sensing Method One-chip color area
File Source Digital Camera
Custom Rendered Normal
Focal Plane Resolution 6,129 pixels/cm
Resolution 72 pixels/inch
Scene Type Directly photographed
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto
Scene Capture Type Standard
Sharpness Normal
Subject Distance Range Unknown
Create Date 2015:09:26 15:52:55
1 year, 8 months, 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Modify Date 2015:09:26 15:52:55
1 year, 8 months, 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Photoshop
IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
JFIF
JFIF Version 1.01
Resolution 72 pixels/None
File — basic information derived from the file.
File Type JPEG
MIME Type image/jpeg
Exif Byte Order Big-endian (Motorola, MM)
Current IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
File Size 1607 kB
Image Size 3,648 × 2,736
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Composite
This block of data is computed based upon other items. Some of it may be
wildly incorrect, especially if the image has been resized.
Aperture 4.10
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent 5.8
Shutter Speed 1/60
Circle Of Confusion 0.005 mm
Field Of View 35.1 deg
Focal Length 9.8 mm (35 mm equivalent: 57.0 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance 4.53 m
Light Value 8.0

=

Does that give you anything helpful?

--
David B.

Old June 3rd 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/31/2017 12:35 PM, David B. wrote:
[...]

The shadow areas seem to have detail, which cannot be seen.

--
PeterN
Old June 3rd 17, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 03/06/2017 14:10, PeterN wrote:
[...]

Ah! OK, thanks, Peter.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."

dubai sunset ___P:Sir Digital Photography 11 April 30th 13 05:57 AM
A Boy, A Dog, A Sunset. Dudley Hanks[_4_] Digital Photography 2 May 10th 09 07:51 PM
A Boy, A Dog, A Sunset. Dudley Hanks[_4_] Digital Photography 0 May 10th 09 06:52 AM
sunset AlianToso Digital Photography 5 January 10th 08 08:50 PM
Odd Sunset Pinehollow Digital Photography 6 December 13th 05 01:23 AM