Fujifilm Remakes the X-T2 And X-Pro2 From Within?

Old April 1st 17, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Fujifilm Remakes the X-T2 And X-Pro2 From Within?

On 2017-03-23 20:45:20 +0000, nospam said:
Savageduck wrote:

For example the Firmware v4.0 upgrade for my X-E2 gave me what
amounted
to a new camera without having to buy an X-E2S.

nikon did that with the d70-d70s, as well as other cameras.

My D70 benefitted from that particular firmware update. However,
Nikon
and Canon are not as forthcoming with firmware updates/up grades as
Fujifilm is.

that's because they get it right at the start.

Yeah, right!

In their defense, you can't fix oil splattering, mirrors falling off,
gross focus errors or poor weather seals with firmware updates.

That is one reason I stuck with my D300S until it seemed that Nikon was
never going to produce a replacement. Naturally weeks after I made my
move to Fujifilm, Nikon announced the D500. As much as I have been very
tempted by the D500, I have come to appreciate the character and light
weight of the Fujifilm X-series cameras and the choice I made.

I find myself using the D500, much more than the D800, except for Macro
and Landscape.

The D500 is a better camera than the D800 for many photography genres,
probably the best of the current APS-C DSLRs, even with the D800's wide
landscape FF sensor capability.

You know that you want one! ;-ppp

I wanted one 30 months ago when it didn't exist, and it didn't look as
if Nikon would ever come up with a successor for the D300S. So I made
my move to Fujifilm X.

For me Nikon was too slow in releasing the D500 because of their push
to FF. That does not mean that I don't recognize and appreciate the
excellence of the D500, and now I can say I don't miss DSLRs so much
that I have to spend $2000 to say I have one.

I read the above as that you would have gotten a D500 if you would have
made the choice today. What's wrong with Fuji? :-))
--
teleportation kills
Old April 1st 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-23 20:45:20 +0000, nospam said:
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Then you read wrong.
I would have bought a D500 if they had released it in 2013 when the
D300S was showing its age against many of the other APS-C DSLR's of the
time. I had even considered a D7100 or D7200, but the only advantage
they had over the D300S was the sensor. I started looking for
alternatives back then, and the idea of going lighter appealed to me.
So mirrorless was the logical way to go, and that decision led me to
Fujifilm X-series.

To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with Fujifilm, and
these days I am established in the Fujifilm system and I can live
without a D500.
That is not to say that in a moment of madness I wouldn't buy one. ;-)

Savageduck

Old April 1st 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with Fujifilm, and
these days I am established in the Fujifilm system and I can live
without a D500.
That is not to say that in a moment of madness I wouldn't buy one. ;-)

Oki...
--
teleportation kills