PING Eric: More Printer Stuff

Old March 5th 17, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default PING Eric: More Printer Stuff

This morning I received an email from Red River Paper offering their
discounts of the month and with one of their hints at solving printing
issues. The issue this time was fixing a magenta color cast in the
print.

There are several things they address the first being one all of us had
suspected, "Double color management".

Next was a blocked nozzle.

Then issues with OSX later than 10.6 (we are now at 10.12). They note
that this particular issue is usually resolved with a minor update
after the major release. Obviously this doesn't apply to you.

Finally, they note that the Epson printer driver has a preview feature
which pops up right after you click "Print". If you are using a printer
profile and the Epson Preview at the same time, a magenta color cast is
likely as the Preview breaks the color management process.

Anyway here is the link to that site:
http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/why-magenta-pink-cast-tint-inkjet-print.html?trk_msg=95M2OLFSO84410P7N7DQBCSE14&trk_ contact=9UB5PT8NF2M0BGNI35RBK08EHS&trk_sid=VP69M4G LRUILAH5OVIGE4H5BDO&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium= email&utm_term=Why+Do+My+Inkjet+Prints+Have+a+Mage nta+%2f+Pink+Cast+or+Tint%3f&utm_campaign=Discount +and+Closeout+Items+%7c+Too+Much+Magenta+on+Prints %3f+%7c+Photo+Links

or
http://tinyurl.com/j7qrnvz

Savageduck

Old March 5th 17, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

This morning I received an email from Red River Paper offering their
discounts of the month and with one of their hints at solving printing
issues. The issue this time was fixing a magenta color cast in the
print.

---

Sorry for not being Eric but I took a peek anyway... And found a series
of blog entries on star shooting. It's a three parter starting with:

http://blog.redrivercatalog.com/2017...-part-1-the-ni
ght-sky.html

Not that it would do me much good:

http://www.smhi.se/weatherCacheSMHI2...1703051700_ocq
ju.gif

But it could be interesting for people in Arizona and other clear skye
areas...
--
teleportation kills
Old March 5th 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 09:03:47 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

[...]

Many thanks.

I have on occasion accidentally managed color in both ends of the
process, usually with strange results. I have yet to finalise my most
recent thoughts after my recent tests but I suspect I will end up
letting Photoshop manage colors.

I have got into the habit of printing multiple images at separate
times on a single sheet of A2 paper (I'm being cheap). I have made
some spectacular stuff-ups in the past and have got into the habit of
using print preview as my final check before I go to print that I have
correctly told my printer what I want to print, where I want to print
it and on what sized paper. I have probably been doing this for about
8 years, starting with my Stylus Photo 1800, then the 3800 and now the
P800. I'm not aware of this causing undesirable behaviour with color
management of any of the printers.

Eric Stevens