Need help gluing finger grip on Coolpix 4500

Old March 20th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruno

Default Need help gluing finger grip on Coolpix 4500

The rubber finger grip is coming loose and I've tried a number of
glues but haven't hit upon the right one. A google search tells me
others have had this problem and I was wondering if someone can tell
me what glue they used.I can't find any answers.

I asked Nikon and they said to send the camera to their service
people. Sounds like overkill, but they don't want anyone doing any
self repair.

Thanks,
Bruno
Old March 20th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Mar 19, 5:14 pm, Bruno wrote:
The rubber finger grip is coming loose and I've tried a number of
glues but haven't hit upon the right one. A google search tells me
others have had this problem and I was wondering if someone can tell
me what glue they used.I can't find any answers.

What glue have you tried so far? Have you tried epoxy? It'd be hard to
imagine anything coming loose after applying epoxy. ;-)

Chieh
--
Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

Old March 20th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Bruno wrote:
The rubber finger grip is coming loose and I've tried a number of
glues but haven't hit upon the right one. A google search tells me
others have had this problem and I was wondering if someone can tell
me what glue they used.I can't find any answers.

I asked Nikon and they said to send the camera to their service
people. Sounds like overkill, but they don't want anyone doing any
self repair.

Thanks,
Bruno

"Krazy Glue" (cyanoacrylate) really works well on Rubber.
Remove all traces of the previous glues.
Clean both surfaces with a little lacquer thinner,(get it at a paint
store). Let it dry for about 10 minutes. Then put 2-3 drops of Krazy
Glue on the rubber and press it FIRMLY against the other surface.
Hold it in place for about 30 seconds and you should get a good bond.
Bob Williams