News reader w/ spam filter?

Old April 12th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
blah

Default News reader w/ spam filter?

I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

Old April 12th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

"blah" wrote:
I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

You may want to read the recent quite informative thread "DAMN YOU,
GOOGLE" in rec.photo.digital. It went into _A_LOT_ of details how to
filter out junk.

jue
Old April 12th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr. Strat

In article , blah wrote:

I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

Use a newsreader, not an e-mail program.
Old April 12th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Apr 12, 11:23 am, "blah" wrote:
I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

NUKING the Chinese would help.
Old April 12th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jer

RichA wrote:
On Apr 12, 11:23 am, "blah" wrote:
I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

NUKING the Chinese would help.

That won't work - American consumers have to have their cheap Chinese
trash to litter their houses with.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old April 12th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G. Paleologopoulos

Default ĮŠ: News reader w/ spam filter?

"Jer" wrote
news:SLydnQlpdrOqdJ3VnZ2dnUVZ_tTinZ2d@internetamer ica...

RichA wrote:
On Apr 12, 11:23 am, "blah" wrote:
I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it.
Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

NUKING the Chinese would help.

That won't work - American consumers have to have their cheap Chinese
trash to litter their houses with.

Besides, it would take a LOT of nukes; it's a huge
country.........................
;-))

Old April 13th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
____

In article , "blah"
wrote:

I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

Newswatcher for Mac or Forte Agent for PC are two suggestions.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 13th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_12_]

Default [OT] News reader w/ spam filter?

* blah wrote:
I really enjoy this group, I am using Outlook Express to view it. Lately
the spam here is terrible, Does anybody know a way to filter out these
idiots!

There is no sure-fire spam filter for USENET. You need to
generate your own rules for filters.

OE doesn't have the best filtering capabilities. Suggest you ask
the same question in the news.software.readers group. You'll
probably be pointed in the direction of these newsreaders:

- Xnews http://xnews.newsguy.com/ (very powerful but less
intuitive)
- Pan http://pan.rebelbase.com/ (never used it, but appears to be
more user-friendly)

Or possibly retaining OE but accessing groups using a USENET
proxy like Hamster or NewsProxy which do the filtering for you.

Then of course there's Usenet Improvement Project
http://improve-usenet.org/ (which basically is just filtering out
Google Groups generated posts where a bulk of spam is generated,
but unfortunately also good posters use).

Any more detail than that should be asked in the NSR group.

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.