PF3650U Pacific Image Film Scanner

Old July 6th 04, 03:54 AM
Mike Koperskinospam

Default PF3650U Pacific Image Film Scanner

Here is the deal I was given a several hundred Dollars of Target gift cards
and they sell Pacific Image Film Scanner - PF3650U on there web site, has
anyone used it yet? The review of an earlier 1800u model having Lamp
Failure is worrisome however it was a Cold cathode fluorescent lamp design
not a White & Infrared LED Array like this new PF3650U has.
Note For the record I sure better film scanners maybe had like Nikon or
Minolta but I don't have that kind of money and this is my hobby not my
career and right now I am using a Microtek's ScanMaker 5900 flatbed scanner
on slides it works OK but negatives bow up and will not lay flat or will
move when I put the lid down. any thoughts on this would be appreciated
Specifications:
Pacific Image 35mm Film Scanner - PF3650U
The PrimeFilm 3650U incorporates DIGITAL ICEłT technology that enables
its IR LED to return your slides and films to its base quality by removing
dust, scratches, emulsion effects and color fading. With 3600 dpi optical
resolution the 3650U offers you superior scanning quality and maximum image
sizes of 3,456 x 5,184 pixels for 35 mm film capable of being printed to B4
size. Equipped with USB 2.0 interface and back-end supporting USB 1.1, the
3650U is capable of transferring data for as fast as 480MB per second -
which especially facilitates transferring image files.

btw B&H Photo claims it is a Cold cathode fluorescent lamp but is not
it is an White & Infrared LED Array

Old July 7th 04, 03:30 AM
Michael Weinstein

On 2004-07-05 22:54:59 -0400, "Mike Koperskinospam"
said:

[...]

I bought an 1800 on ebay and the bulb was bad - $10 replacement from
Pacific Prime and an easy install. BUT- I'm not impressed with the
sharpness of the 1800 and would shy away from anything else from the
same folks.
--
Michael | "You're going to need a bigger boat."