Cable release for Canon Rebel K2 non-date model

Old October 27th 05, 02:50 PM
ZITIIIXI

Default Cable release for Canon Rebel K2 non-date model

Does anyone know how I can rig up a makeshift cable release for the K2 non-date? When I bought it, I was not aware of the difference between the two models extending beyond the date function (this is really retarded on Canon's part, I think). If anyone knows how I could make something work on my own, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

--
ZITIIIXI

View this thread: http://www.photographytalk.net/viewtopic-161538.html

Send from http://www.photographytalk.net

Old October 28th 05, 07:48 AM
Al Denelsbeck

ZITIIIXI wrote in
:

Does anyone know how I can rig up a makeshift cable release for the K2
non-date? When I bought it, I was not aware of the difference between
the two models extending beyond the date function (this is really
retarded on Canon's part, I think). If anyone knows how I could make
something work on my own, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

I agree with you about the retarded part - never remove an option
from a camera line that's carried it for years.

About the best I could say would be to get the BP-220 accessory
batterypack/grip, and wire a 2.5mm stereo micro-jack into it somewhere that
joins with the shutter release included in the grip. Done properly (and
you'd need to know a little basic electronics to do this), it should be
able to use the RS-60E3 remote.

I have a page on my site regarding making your own RS-60E3, and in
that mess are some schematics and explanations of the wiring and pin
assignments, which may help with installing a jack in the grip. It can be
seen at http://wading-in.net/Remote.html

Other than that, there may not be much in the way of choices.

Good luck!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net