Absolutely awesome panorama

Old October 22nd 05, 07:02 AM
Rich

Default Absolutely awesome panorama

A shot of Rio at night. I don't know the artist, but it's amazing.
Be sure and scroll to the right side as well.

http://terrera.multiply.com/photos/h...%2F30%2F39.jpg
Old October 22nd 05, 09:54 AM
Ron Hunter

Rich wrote:
A shot of Rio at night. I don't know the artist, but it's amazing.
Be sure and scroll to the right side as well.

http://terrera.multiply.com/photos/h...%2F30%2F39.jpg

Very nice image. Someone knows how to do it right.

--
Ron Hunter
Old October 22nd 05, 10:53 PM
Cathy

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
A shot of Rio at night. I don't know the artist, but it's amazing.
Be sure and scroll to the right side as well.

http://terrera.multiply.com/photos/h...%2F30%2F39.jpg
Very nice image. Someone knows how to do it right.

Beautiful pictures. I always wonder what kind of cameras take such
outstanding pictures, not that I would ever own one like it.. Probably
an SLR. Point and shoot cameras wouldn't take as good pictures as those,
would they?

Cathy

Old October 22nd 05, 11:53 PM
Cathy

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Cathy wrote:

Beautiful pictures. I always wonder what kind of cameras take such
outstanding pictures, not that I would ever own one like it..

Probably
an SLR. Point and shoot cameras wouldn't take as good pictures as
those, would they?

According to the EXIF of his other shots it was an Olympus C770.

I couldn't seem to find anything to identify. Thank you Rita.

Cathy

Old October 23rd 05, 02:25 AM

In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

Beautiful pictures. I always wonder what kind of cameras take such
outstanding pictures, not that I would ever own one like it.. Probably
an SLR. Point and shoot cameras wouldn't take as good pictures as those,
would they?

You really can't tell a whole lot about the camera from small web
pictures. Almost any camera can produce good-looking small web pictures
if you know how to post-process them. Even a camera that is soft or
noisy will get sharper and less noisy if you downsize the images for
display.
--

John P Sheehy

Old October 23rd 05, 03:49 AM
Cathy

wrote in message
In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

Beautiful pictures. I always wonder what kind of cameras take such
outstanding pictures, not that I would ever own one like it..

Probably
an SLR. Point and shoot cameras wouldn't take as good pictures as

those,
would they?

You really can't tell a whole lot about the camera from small web
pictures. Almost any camera can produce good-looking small web

pictures
if you know how to post-process them. Even a camera that is soft or
noisy will get sharper and less noisy if you downsize the images for
display.

I liked his Rio picture though. When I viewed it, it looks like a large
picture, not a small web picture.

Cathy

Old October 23rd 05, 04:14 AM

In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

I liked his Rio picture though. When I viewed it, it looks like a large
picture, not a small web picture.

It's a whole bunch of pictures stitched together, most likely.
--

John P Sheehy

Old October 23rd 05, 04:35 AM
Cathy

wrote in message
In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

I liked his Rio picture though. When I viewed it, it looks like a

large
picture, not a small web picture.

It's a whole bunch of pictures stitched together, most likely.

I just got my first point and shoot digital camera, a Sony DSC W5, and
have taken quite a few pictures, but have a lot to learn and there is a
lot of things I haven't done yet. Pictures taken with a digital camera
are very suited to sending as attachments with emails, but in my view,
not as handy to get printed into stills. I have relatives who do not
have computers because they don't want one (if you can imagine), Also I
like stills. I have a photo printer, but its not a real good photo
printer. I will have to learn how to print stills at Walmart. Camera
film seem more convenient for getting photo prints you want to send to
people..Just take the film in and come back an hour later and get your
prints. Walmart doesn't make you pay for blurry or accident prints.

Cathy

Old October 23rd 05, 04:46 AM
Ken Weitzel

Cathy wrote:

wrote in message

In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

[...]

Hi Cathy...

One of the other advantages that might be helpful to those "non-nerd"
relatives - specially if they're not in the same city as you - is that
you can upload them to Superstore, and have them sent to the store
nearest them, wherever that is. Then they can just pick 'em up next
time they're shopping. And they get to pay for them

You actually don't pay for your "bad" digitals, either, because you
get to see them, either before you upload them, or on the Kodak monitor
in the store if you go in in person.

By the way, now is the time; superstore has a bit of a special 'till
the end of October at .18 per print (at least here in Winnipeg)

Take care.

Ken

Disclaimer: got nothing at all to do with superstore.

Old October 23rd 05, 05:30 AM
Cathy

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Cathy wrote:

wrote in message

In message ,
"Cathy" wrote:

[...]

Many of my relatives live in Scotland in fairly small towns and have
nothing like Superstore there.
In fact, as far as I know, we don't have Superstores here in Toronto. We
have Future shop which probably does the same thing, but I am not
confident enough yet to upload stuff to anyone. Most people here who I
know who have digital cameras talk about going to Walmart to use the
Kodak machines there or maybe Shoppers drugs if you are lucky enough to
have one of their Photo lab stores near you. I like a more personal
touch when I send photos to people. I send them a letter
along with the pictures. I don't take pictures of relatives all that
often, but recently it just happened sonme were visiting Toronto.

You actually don't pay for your "bad" digitals, either, because you
get to see them, either before you upload them, or on the Kodak

monitor
in the store if you go in in person.

By the way, now is the time; superstore has a bit of a special 'till
the end of October at .18 per print (at least here in Winnipeg)

Thank you Ken, but I don't think we have any Superstores here. AT least
none that I have heard of. I think I will go the Walmart route for now
though their machines are so busy all the time. Most Walmarts need more
machines, or I will have to find someplace else who has more machines. I
think they must be behind the times here

Cathy