shutter release cable for canon elph digital 3 megapixel

Old January 24th 05, 11:19 PM
frelkins

Default shutter release cable for canon elph digital 3 megapixel

hiya!

my husband loves his digital canon elph 3 megapixel. so i thought for
our anniversary one of the gifts i'd get him would be some accessories.
does this model accept a cable shutter release? does it have any form
of remote release?

i see ritz camera has a remote IR control that it says works for this
camera, but then a person in my office said it didn't. i called the
famed b&h photo and they said there weren't any remote devices.

but then i look at some websites that describe using a shutter release
cable with the digital elph. are there other accessories he might
enjoy? i already got him a nice travelling tripod.

forgive my confusion: i do espresso, not cameras. please help a
well-meaning wife indulge her hubby's hobby!

thanks,

fortune

Old January 25th 05, 01:51 PM
jfitz

"frelkins" wrote in message
ups.com...
my husband loves his digital canon elph 3 megapixel. so i thought for
our anniversary one of the gifts i'd get him would be some accessories.
does this model accept a cable shutter release?

I have a Canon S230 Digital Elph and it does not accept any kind of shutter
release or remote. Your model, may be different. Since you already have a
tripod, the only worthwhile accessory I can think of is a Cokin Digital
Camera Adapter and Cokin Filters. The adapter will allow him to use any of
the Cokin Filters with his Elph. It is available as a kit with a couple of
starter filters from B&H and other retailers. I own one and am pleased with
it.