Nikon D3 and Nikon D2xs compared

Old March 17th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr. Georg N.Nyman[_2_]

Default Nikon D3 and Nikon D2xs compared

Hello to everyone,
For those who are interested - I just have put my most recent review online,
which is my personal comparison of these two cameras.
You can find it he http://www.nyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm

I hope you have some good time reading it - if you wish, email me questions
at

Georg N.Nyman

Old March 17th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JimKramer

On Mar 17, 2:38*pm, "Dr. Georg N.Nyman" wrote:
Hello to everyone,
For those who are interested - I just have put my most recent review online,
which is my personal comparison of these two cameras.
You can find it hehttp://www.nyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm

I hope you have some good time reading it - if you wish, email me questions
at

Georg N.Nyman

HTTP Error 404

Bad Link?
Old March 17th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Steven Green

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:58:20 -0700, JimKramer wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:38Â*pm, "Dr. Georg N.Nyman" wrote:
Hello to everyone,
For those who are interested - I just have put my most recent review
online, which is my personal comparison of these two cameras. You can
find it hehttp://www.nyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm

I hope you have some good time reading it - if you wish, email me
questions at

Georg N.Nyman

HTTP Error 404

Bad Link?

The g is silent

http://www.gnyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm
Old March 17th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Steven Green wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:38 pm, "Dr. Georg N.Nyman" wrote:
Hello to everyone,
For those who are interested - I just have put my most recent review
online, which is my personal comparison of these two cameras. You can
find it he

I hope you have some good time reading it - if you wish, email me
questions at

http://www.gnyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm

"The main base setting of speed is an ISO 200 equivalent and if you need
a one-stop lower sensitivity for a certain reason (too much light??),
then you can do so, but there is no visible advantage of ISO 100 over 200."

Is there any disadvantage to pushing the ISO down like that?

"It is pretty consistent what I observed - the D3 shots are brighter
than the D2 shots. I need to point out that they are not overexposed raw
files, I would say, these files reveal the fact, that the D3 has got a
larger and wider tonal range - a wider range of exposure which can be
used for imaging."

Does that account for that much exposure difference though? I'd like to
see the numbers for that.
Old March 22nd 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2008-03-17 14:42:45 -0700, Paul Furman said:

"The main base setting of speed is an ISO 200 equivalent and if you
need a one-stop lower sensitivity for a certain reason (too much
light??), then you can do so, but there is no visible advantage of ISO
100 over 200."

Is there any disadvantage to pushing the ISO down like that?

Yes. The manual says you will lose some contrast.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old March 23rd 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Mar 17, 1:38 pm, "Dr. Georg N.Nyman" wrote:
Hello to everyone,
For those who are interested - I just have put my most recent review online,
which is my personal comparison of these two cameras.
You can find it hehttp://www.nyman.com/NikonD3vsNikonD2xs.htm

I hope you have some good time reading it - if you wish, email me questions
at

Georg N.Nyman

That is an awesome test series you've done.