[PHOTOS] Model Plane Show Today

Old March 9th 08, 10:03 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Default [PHOTOS] Model Plane Show Today

The local model aero club put on a public show today, as a
fundraiser for some local charities. Due to some earlier
commitments, I only managed to catch the last half hour,
with only 3 groups of flights in the time I was there, but
still had quite an enjoyable time, and got a few decent shots.

I was using my trusty GX10, with the Tamron 70-300 - The
PROPELLORS ALONE, on the last couple of planes were worth
about the same as the gear I was using to take photos with.
And I thought photography was an expensive hobby!!!

The skill of some of the pilots is absolutely amazing - the
yellow helicopter that is in my pics was doing stunts. It
was quite a gusty day, and he was doing things like flying
upside down only a few feet off the ground. Several times a
gust of wind would grab the chopper and throw it around, but
not once did the pilot lose control. One gust had it almost
hit the dirt, but he salvaged it beautifully.

It was one of those situations where a video camera would
have recorded it much better than a still camera could ever
hope to, but I was still quite happy with the way some of
the shots came out.

Anyway, my picks of the pics are on my flickr page at
www.flickr.com/photos/gdaj
Old March 9th 08, 11:30 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_11_]

* Doug Jewell wrote:
[...]

Great shots Doug! Very sharp in gusty conditions.

This one could be mistaken for a real chopper shot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdaj/2320026177/
and also the model army chopper one.

Really liked them.

--
Troy Piggins
Old March 9th 08, 02:39 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Michael Brown[_2_]

Some nice stuff in there Doug, well done.

Mick Brown

On 9/3/08 9:03 PM, in article
, "Doug Jewell"

Old March 9th 08, 08:38 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Michael Brown wrote:
Some nice stuff in there Doug, well done.

Mick Brown

Thanks Mick
Old March 9th 08, 11:04 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Martin Riddle

"Doug Jewell" wrote in message
[...]

Seems to be 1/2 stop under exposed, did you compensate?

Cheers

Old March 10th 08, 02:42 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Martin Riddle wrote:
[...]

You are probably right that some are a bit underexposed. The
brightness of the sky was overwhelming them a bit, so I
tried spot metering, but when the dark chopper started
flying I was getting a grey chopper on a 100% white
background, then when I pointed it at the lighter chopper, I
got a grey chopper against a dark sky, so tried
centre-weighted. This seemed to be a good compromise between
matrix which weighted too heavily to the sky, and spot which
weighted too heavily toward the aircraft.

Considering the huge variation in sky brightness (blue vs
cloud, near sun vs away) and both dark and light subjects, I
think it did a fairly good job of keeping the main subject
fairly accurately metered.

Adding to the degree of difficulty was that I had to shoot
one-armed (thats another story). That's why one of the shots
that needs to be framed tighter was only at 160mm, on my
300mm lens. It was almost like shooting with primes, I had
to rest the camera on it's neckstrap, change to a new focal
length, then start shooting again. 300mm was fine for when
they were at a bit of distance, 70-100 was better when they
were closer to the spectator area. Since I couldn't zoom
while I was tracking an aircraft, I would set it to one FL,
and catch a few fly-pasts, then set it to another FL and do
it again, etc.

Cheers

Old March 12th 08, 08:02 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Draco

Default Model Plane Show Today

On Mar 9, 6:03*am, Doug Jewell wrote:
[...]

Very well done. I like the one wilth the plane flying into the cloud
bank. Very convincing.
You're right about cost of those models. I knew of one that would
have bought that person a nice new car. With all the extras, too. The
was one time at the model field I heard a plane flying over head and
looked up at a biplane flying across the field. Other model pilots
brought their planes down to avoid a hit with a full size plane. Boy,
were we fooled. It to was a model but flying with a four stroke
engine. Sounded like the real thing.

Keep at it. Like what I see on the rest of your site.

Draco
Old March 14th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Doug Jewell wrote:

[...]

Hello, Doug:

Stunning images and beautiful aircraft! I, myself, am a former
modeler; alas, I've neither built, nor flown, an R/C plane or
helicopter.

Cordially,
John Turco
Old April 24th 08, 03:01 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
pronews

Uzytkownik "Draco" napisal w wiadomosci
[...]

The world of fantastic
photos by Polish photographer Marcin Gorgolewski
http://www.fullexpo.com/indexang.html
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!

portfolio, the most important photos, new photos
http://www.gorgolewski.com/
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
photos of nature, animals, cats
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/nature/index.php
portrets, portraits, fashion, moda, modeling, modelling
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/portraits%201/
http://www.fullexpo.com/fashion.html
portrets, portraits, fashion, people photos, pictures of people, actress,
politicians, aktorzy, politycy, portrety, portret, moda, modeling, modelling
http://www.gorgolewski.com/portraits%202/ http://www.fullexpo.com/moda.html
http://www.fullexpo.com/portrait.html
portrets, portraits, fashion, people photos, pictures of people, actress,
politicians, aktorzy, politycy, portrety, portret, moda, modeling, modelling
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
http://www.gorgolewski.com/people/ http://www.fullexpo.com/portret.html
air photos, aerial, plane, z lotu ptaka, lotnicze, fotografia lotnicza
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/aerial/ http://www.fullexpo.com/aeropl.html
http://www.fullexpo.com/aerial.html
cars, photos of cars, porsche, hummer, mercedes, cayenne, samochody,
pojazdy, foldery
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
http://www.gorgolewski.com/motor-aero/ http://www.fullexpo.com/cars.html
http://www.fullexpo.com/pojazdy.html
architecture, buildings, office, biura, budynki, architektura, zdjecia
korporacyjne
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
http://www.gorgolewski.com/architecture/
http://www.fullexpo.com/architecture.html
http://www.fullexpo.com/architektura.html
widoki, landscapes, landscape, krajobraz
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
http://www.gorgolewski.com/landscapes/ http://www.fullexpo.com/adverpl.html
http://www.fullexpo.com/adverang.html
swiat orientalny, orient
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/orient/
High Dynamic Range imaging is a set of techniques that allows a greater
dynamic range of exposures than normal digital imaging techniques
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/hdr/
nature, nature, photos of nature, animals, cats
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
http://www.gorgolewski.com/nature/
ragdoll cats, ragdolls
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.gorgolewski.com/ragdolls/
panoramic images, panorama
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
informacja o autorze, index, spis, fotografia lotnicza
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
http://www.gorgolewski.com/panoramic-images/
new photos, ostatnio dodane, nowe zdjecia
http://www.gorgolewski.com/new/
http://www.fullexpo.com/indexang.html http://www.fullexpo.com/index.html
You are invited to view Marcin's images of people,
landscapes, air photos, architecture, HDR.
Many of them were taken at night or in bad light
conditions (after sunset, at night) what make them more interesting.
Order your photos now !!!
fotografia, fotografia reklamowa, fotografia warszawa, fotografia lotnicza,
fotografia reklamowa, wykonywanie portretów
http://www.fullexpo.com/autor.html http://www.fullexpo.com/author.html
for contact go he
http://www.fullexpo.com/contact.html http://www.fullexpo.com/kontakt.html