[PIC] Bound Daffodil the Aftermath

Old March 23rd 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default [PIC] Bound Daffodil the Aftermath

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Comments again appreciated,
Jim

Old March 23rd 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

Default Bound Daffodil the Aftermath

On Mar 22, 7:36 pm, "JimKramer" wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Comments again appreciated,
Jim

Nice composition. I think maybe if shot at f22 might have been more
dramatic. The tree and the wire might be tack sharp but believe that
would add to the impact. Even if at f22, the area to the right behind
the tree would still have been out of focus. My photography club would
have loved it.

Old March 23rd 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

JimKramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Proof that you can't do photography by committee?

Cheers,
Alan
Old March 23rd 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Mar 22, 9:24 pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Proof that you can't do photography by committee?

Cheers,
Alan

Part art part science. Photography is beautiful, what do each of us
visualize and decide to communicate. It's boundless and ain't that
fantistic.

Old March 23rd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 23, 10:36 am, "JimKramer" wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Comments again appreciated,
Jim

That one is a much better shot than the earlier one, imo. The
composition works *really* well. But I agree a bit more dof would
have turned it into a competition winner (er not that that is any
guide, oftentimes...).

Love the colour contrast..

Old March 23rd 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Mar 22, 8:36 pm, "JimKramer" wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/AftermathBD.htm

The inevitable aftermath of a cut flower...

Comments again appreciated,
Jim

Okay, call me a bit wierd.(I already know I am) But I like the
"Electric" image more. The flower detail in the petals are better
defined. The darking of the background removes it competition for the
viewers attention and the blue compliments. Having the flower almost
dead center makes for a very static image. But some reason it works
with the "Electric".
IMHO I would have waited an extra day to get the flower even more
wilted to get that definate inevitable end look. Maybe moved the point
of view a bit right. Moving the flower to the left in the image. This
would give more of a empty background and show that with the end of
life, the unknown is deep and mysterious. But then again it would just
keep the eye of the viewer locked on the flower.

Keep at it Jim and thank you for allowing us to view and give our
opinions on your work.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough. Being better does.