Wal-Mart won't print my digital photo..Said looked copyrighted. Help

Old October 24th 04, 12:55 AM
Barry Fritz

Default Wal-Mart won't print my digital photo..Said looked copyrighted. Help

I took pictures of my son and daughter. With Paint Shop Pro9, I selected
each of their heads and pasted it onto a non-copyrighted sunset background I
downloaded from Net. Took final image to Wal-Mart on my SmartMedia card and
printed some prints on their self service machine. When I tried to pay for
them, the kid said they looked to professional, and if I could not prove I'm
a pro, they would have to shred the print. Manager said same. What's up
with that? What's a guy to do? Thanks.

Old October 24th 04, 01:02 AM
Not in my trousers

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I took pictures of my son and daughter. With Paint Shop Pro9, I selected
each of their heads and pasted it onto a non-copyrighted sunset background

downloaded from Net. Took final image to Wal-Mart on my SmartMedia card

and
printed some prints on their self service machine. When I tried to pay

for
them, the kid said they looked to professional, and if I could not prove

I'm
a pro, they would have to shred the print. Manager said same. What's up
with that? What's a guy to do? Thanks.

er .. Shop elsewhere ??

Old October 24th 04, 01:15 AM
Tom

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I took pictures of my son and daughter. With Paint Shop Pro9, I selected
each of their heads and pasted it onto a non-copyrighted sunset background
downloaded from Net. Took final image to Wal-Mart on my SmartMedia card
and
printed some prints on their self service machine. When I tried to pay
for
them, the kid said they looked to professional, and if I could not prove
I'm
a pro, they would have to shred the print. Manager said same. What's up
with that? What's a guy to do? Thanks.

It is a problem if your work looks too good. I expected a similar problem
with a photo I created by cutting out a family group and putting them in
front of a shot of the river in front of my place. So, I approached the
manager before I downloaded the file, explained what I had done and that
although the picture might look like a front screened studio shot, it had
been created by me. He said that if he felt there might be a problem, he
would simply ask me to sign a statement that I was the creator of the photo
and they would keep that on file. Maybe the photo wasn't as good as I
thought because he didn't require the signed statement.

Old October 24th 04, 01:58 AM
PhotoMan

Tom wrote:

It is a problem if your work looks too good. I expected a similar
problem with a photo I created by cutting out a family group and
putting them in front of a shot of the river in front of my place.
So, I approached the manager before I downloaded the file, explained
what I had done and that although the picture might look like a front
screened studio shot, it had been created by me. He said that if he
felt there might be a problem, he would simply ask me to sign a
statement that I was the creator of the photo and they would keep
that on file. Maybe the photo wasn't as good as I thought because he
didn't require the signed statement.

The same thing happened to me at our local Walmart, except that the manager
had me sign the disclaimer up front. They made my prints without further
ado.
Joe Arnold

Old October 24th 04, 02:55 AM
Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:02:22 +0100, Not in my trousers hath writ:

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I took pictures of my son and daughter. With Paint Shop Pro9, I selected
each of their heads and pasted it onto a non-copyrighted sunset background

downloaded from Net. Took final image to Wal-Mart on my SmartMedia card

and
printed some prints on their self service machine. When I tried to pay

for
them, the kid said they looked to professional, and if I could not prove

I'm
a pro, they would have to shred the print. Manager said same. What's up
with that? What's a guy to do? Thanks.

er .. Shop elsewhere ??

Anywhere else! Except -- if you're in a small town like mine -- where
The People's Republic Of China Outlet Store has killed most of the
other retail businesses - including a decades-old camera store.

Jonesy
Old October 24th 04, 02:55 AM
Allodoxaphobia

Old October 24th 04, 03:12 AM
GT40

On 24 Oct 2004 01:55:29 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

[...]

There are plenty of online places that will print digital images.