Thumbnail puzzle

Old February 14th 14, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
VanguardLH

Default Thumbnail puzzle

Terry Pinnell wrote:

This illustration is hopefully self-explanatory:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nailPuzzle.jpg

I can't get my mind around this inconsistency and it's making me
uncertain what files I'm working with!

Maybe it has to do with how you configured Windows to show (or not show)
background colors for icons. Remember that what you see on the desktop
is being presented by Windows Explorer. The explorer.exe process is the
desktop manager and why killing all instances of it results in losing
the desktop.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/751/x...n-the-desktop/
http://ihacking.wordpress.com/2007/0...xp-if-its-not/

The option is badly worded. It appears it merely has Windows Explorer
ignore whatever background color is specified in the icon image file and
instead use the background color configured for Windows Explorer.

See if toggling this lets you see the background rather than having
Windows Explorer ignore it.
Old February 15th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Mayayana

| Maybe it has to do with how you configured Windows to show (or not show)
| background colors for icons.

Drop shadows are not the same as transparent color for
icons. The transoarent color should always be not showing
if the icon is made correctly. And PNG is not the same as
ICO. I'm guessing it's just that PSP8 is too old. Full support
for PNG is relatively recent.

Old February 15th 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Nil

On 14 Feb 2014, "Mayayana" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

Drop shadows are not the same as transparent color for
icons. The transoarent color should always be not showing
if the icon is made correctly. And PNG is not the same as
ICO. I'm guessing it's just that PSP8 is too old. Full support
for PNG is relatively recent.

PSP9 doesn't deal correctly with this example's transparency, either.