FS: Beautiful 8x10 Deardorff Camera + Accessories

Old November 14th 04, 11:22 PM
Shelley

Default FS: Beautiful 8x10 Deardorff Camera + Accessories

FS: Beautifully Restored Deardorff 8x10 Camera Plus Accessories - $1,600

This 8x10 Deardorff V8 camera with front swings, serial number 5012, was
manufactured in August of 1974 and was professionally restored about two
years ago. The camera is in excellent cosmetic and operating condition, no
dings, scratches, splits, gouges, or other serious cosmetic defects of any
kind. The bellows was made by Camera Bellows of England about two years ago
and is in perfect condition, no leaks, no wrinkles. The strap is like new.
The metal is also in excellent condition, no scratches, dents, or other
significant defects, just a very small amount of discoloration in a couple
places. The underside of the base where these cameras usually take a beating
is completely free of defects. The knobs and other controls work smoothly.
The ground glass on the camera is an original Deardorff ground glass with
grid lines.

The only cosmetic defect worth mentioning is a series of very small marks or
indentations along the bottom back of the base. They aren't noticeable
unless you're looking closely at the camera. There are a very few other
marks but they're really insignificant I think. I wouldn't call the camera
mint because to me a mint camera is one that is like new, totally free of
any imperfections of any kind, but it's certainly very close.

A Canham ground glass protector, a second plain (no grid lines) ground
glass, and three lens boards are also included. The lensboards are in nice
condition. Two are original Deardorff lens boards, the other is a generic
lens board. The generic lens board is cut for a Copal 1 shutter. I don't
know the size of the holes in the Deardorff boards, one has a lens with an
Ilex #4 shutter mounted on it, the other has a Rapax shutter for a 159mm
F9.5 Wollensak lens on it. THE LENSES AND FLANGES AREN'T INCLUDED, JUST THE
BOARDS.

I don't know whether Pay Pal can be used with non-ebay sales or not. If it
can be then I can accept payment by Pay Pal. Otherwise payment can be by
U.S. postal service money order or by a bank or cashier's check or personal
check. Payments must be in U.S. dollars and any checks must be drawn on a
U.S. bank. In view of recent problems on e bay with fraudulent cashier's
checks, shipping will be delayed until checks of any kind have cleared and
the funds have been irrevocably credited to my account. Buyer pays shipping
and insurance cost of $30 within the continental United States. For shipping
outside the continental U.S. I'll estimate the actual cost based on location
and size and weight of the package. If shipped outside the United States
customs and other similar forms will show the selling price as the value,
please don't ask me to show it as a gift or to otherwise lie in order to
save on import duties. I reserve the right to refuse to sell to buyers in
certain countries. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old November 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Jos. Burke

Shelley,
Send some images of what you have please
J Burke