Your camera takes really nice pictures

Old January 24th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

Default Your camera takes really nice pictures

Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old January 24th 09, 11:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Smithee[_2_]

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

Isn't it normally your cooking pots cook really good food?

Old January 24th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:24:46 -0800, C J Campbell wrote:

Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

subject line.

My camera does not take nice pictures, I am in control of my camera, I
take nice pictures.

--

Neil
reverse ra and delete l
Old January 24th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:24:46 -0800, C J Campbell wrote:

Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

subject line.

My camera does not take nice pictures, I am in control of my camera, I
take nice pictures.

Duh, I tink he gaught itt.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old January 24th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

On 2009-01-24 09:08:15 -0800, Scott W said:

On Jan 23, 7:24*pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

I have had cameras that take really nice picture and I have had
cameras that don't.

Some people would like to feel that the gear does not matter, but it
does, to some degree.

BTW I also have a very nice set of pans, and yes they make a
differance in my cooking as well.
If someone watches me cooking and compliments me on my pans I am not
going to get upset,
why should I get upset if someone compliments me on my camera.

Scott

Lunch is at Scott's house!

Old January 24th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

Bob G wrote:
On Jan 23, 11:24 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

So, if it's not the camera, why are we constantly upgrading?

In the forlorn hope that it _is_ the camera.
Allen
Old January 24th 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Bob G wrote:
On Jan 23, 11:24 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Heh, heh. At last a comeback for that one:

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2009/01/06/

So, if it's not the camera, why are we constantly upgrading?

So that the camera doesn't prevent us from taking good pictures g.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old January 24th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH [email protected]

My camera does not take nice pictures, I am in control of my camera, I
take nice pictures.

Oh but ARE YOU in control? You are likely in control of the direction, for sure,
and the focal length.

But how many people are, these days, in full control of everything else,
all of the time?

On my camera, it is very hard to be in full control of the flash,
unless its all the way off. I can indeed control everything else ...
but I usually don't. I was very careful to buy a DSLR
that allows full control, and I do use it, but not most of the time.
I simply could not have taken the panoramas I have, especially inside
Carlsbad Caverns, without complete, full control.

Doug McDonald
Old January 24th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Old January 24th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

"mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH wrote:

My camera does not take nice pictures, I am in control of my camera,
I take nice pictures.

Oh but ARE YOU in control? You are likely in control of the direction,
for sure,
and the focal length.

But how many people are, these days, in full control of everything else,
all of the time?

On my camera, it is very hard to be in full control of the flash,
unless its all the way off. I can indeed control everything else ...
but I usually don't. I was very careful to buy a DSLR
that allows full control, and I do use it, but not most of the time.
I simply could not have taken the panoramas I have, especially inside
Carlsbad Caverns, without complete, full control.

Most (all?) DSLR's and many "zlr's" have allowed full control of
everything including fixed power output of the flash over several stops.
It is no big deal.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.