multiple problems on Elan IIe

Old February 28th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default multiple problems on Elan IIe

I have owned an ElanIIe for about 8 years. I used it regularly till
about the last 6 months (I mention this b/c somehow I think this might
be relevant information). Yesterday, I wanted to use it and found that
it was not working.
1. after I press the shutter button, the mirror flips, but does not
release
2. in low light conditions, the in built flash lights up (Elan users
will know that pressing the shutter halfway turns the flash bulb on)
but does not fire after I press the shutter button fully.
3. The film does not rewind upon pressing the film rewind buttom at the
back of the body

Because of 2, I thought I had a bad battery even though my battery
indicator showed full charge (the battery is about a year old). But
replacing the battery did not solve the problem.

I live in Denver and Mike's Camera is authorized for Canon repairs. Is
this a known issue for Canon (Elan's) or am I looking at an expensive
repair.

Thanks in advance
-Stephen

Old February 28th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I have the same camera. Mine is a couple of years older than yours.
Experienced similar problems. I was told the internal circuitry had to be
replaced. It was and my camera was fine after that. Cost me some money
though. Couple hundred bucks IIRC.