Creating Slide Shows using a DVD Player and JPEG Files

Old July 7th 04, 07:04 PM
Ray

Default Creating Slide Shows using a DVD Player and JPEG Files

Can anyone recommend an easy way of producing a slide show using JPEG files
that can be put onto a DVD. I have one that has been produced using I
believe a program called "Memories on TV" which I have been unable to trace.
Any help appreciated
Ray
--

This E-Mail has been checked by eTrust EZ Antivirus

Old July 7th 04, 09:28 PM
Arthur Small

Try ProShow Gold

Old July 7th 04, 10:34 PM
Bmyself

I use Proshow Gold and PicturesToExe. PTE is the betterof the two I find,
also has a forum.
www.mikezite.co.uk
Mike.

"Arthur Small" wrote in message
Try ProShow Gold

Old July 7th 04, 11:11 PM
Terry

Ray wrote:

Can anyone recommend an easy way of producing a slide show using JPEG files
that can be put onto a DVD. I have one that has been produced using I
believe a program called "Memories on TV" which I have been unable to trace.
Any help appreciated

You can find it at http://www.picturetotv.com/. I tried the demo
recently, and as I recall it looked pretty good. It only produces
video out, which cut it off my list, but since that is what you're
looking for, give it a try. It includes transitions, and pan-and-zoom.

Pan-and-zoom (also known as the "Ken Burns effect") lets you program
the slide show to zoom in and/or pan across your images (also rotate).
Give's a little motion to your show. To my mind, if you are producing
video, this is a required feature. Many of the slideshow and
slide-to-DVD applications cannot do this (yet). Try it out.

Other apps that can do slides to DVD include:

ProShow Gold. http://www.photodex.com/. There is a plain ProShow as
well, but I think you need the gold version to create video output.
The Gold version also has the pan-and-zoom feature.

ProShow Gold is a nice package, but it has some disadvantages. 1)
Relatively expensive at $70. 2) I have emailed support with a question
about the demo twice, with no reply at all. 3) The license agreement
explictly says they can send information from your computer to their
web site, which I am uncomfortable with.

SlideShow maker.
http://www.joern-thiemann.de/subpage...m?/tools/ssmm/. Freeware.
It does not produce DVD output directly, it produces an AVI file which
you must then convert with an external converter. File size output
limited to 2 GB. No zoom and pan. User Interface not as "slick" as
some of the others, but the features are there.

Microsoft's Photo Story. Cheap at $20, includes zoom and pan (though
this is disabled in the demo version). But limited to 150 slides, and
WMV format only. Also very slow.

My Slide Show http://www.anixsoft.com/myslideshow.html.

Picturestoexe, http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/.

You could also check out many of the album packages, they seem to be
adding video output features rapidly. Things like Photoshop album,
Paint Shop Album, Nero Photo Show, ACDSee, etc.

I am sure you will find others, as well, if you search google groups,
dpreview, etc.

Terry

Old July 8th 04, 12:49 AM
Bill

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:04:41 +0100, "Ray"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend an easy way of producing a slide show using JPEG files
that can be put onto a DVD. I have one that has been produced using I
believe a program called "Memories on TV" which I have been unable to trace.
Any help appreciated
Ray

Try Slide Show Movie Maker (freeware). Allows you to create .avi files
from .jpegs with hundreds of transitions. You can also add background
music.

HTH
Bill