Sony fixed wb probs with PSC-100 and V-1 yet?

Old July 30th 04, 04:19 AM
Scott

Default Sony fixed wb probs with PSC-100 and V-1 yet?

Hi,

Been looking for a 'take anywhere' digicam, and would like 5mp. I like
the look of the two Sony cams, but have read of a definite wb prob. Has
that been fixed? If not, any recommendations for an under 500 digicam
without any major probs? (Quirks I can live with

Thanks,
Scott

Old July 30th 04, 04:24 AM
Mark M

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi,

Been looking for a 'take anywhere' digicam, and would like 5mp. I like
the look of the two Sony cams, but have read of a definite wb prob. Has
that been fixed? If not, any recommendations for an under 500 digicam
without any major probs? (Quirks I can live with

Thanks,
Scott

Canon S400 or S500.
Rock solid, and excellent sensor/performance/features/images.
Go here for a look-see:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons400/
The S500 is similar, but with 5MP.

Old July 30th 04, 07:03 AM
leo

"Mark M" wrote in message

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi,

Been looking for a 'take anywhere' digicam, and would like 5mp. I

like
the look of the two Sony cams, but have read of a definite wb prob. Has
that been fixed? If not, any recommendations for an under 500 digicam
without any major probs? (Quirks I can live with

Thanks,
Scott

Canon S400 or S500.
Rock solid, and excellent sensor/performance/features/images.
Go here for a look-see:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons400/
The S500 is similar, but with 5MP.

My friend has the V1. I looked at all the pictures and don't see any WB
issues. Frankly, the exposure, color and contrast are better than my 300D.
[of course the 300D images are shaper and cleaner, but that's SLR vs
compact] dpreview gives Sony V1 a 9 for value vs. 7.5 for Canon S400. image
quality is the same for both cameras: 8.5. I also have an old Canon S300.
The Sony certainly has more fun value than the Canon S series: manual
control, night shot, hologram framing, etc...