Fuji - film is here! (as opposed to Kodak CEO's "film is gone" statement)

Old January 19th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Fuji - film is here! (as opposed to Kodak CEO's "film is gone" statement)

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Old January 19th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

If there were comment sections underneath that press release, you bet
that there would be about 219 comments flaming it, each other, and then
eventually veering off to dicuss the finer points of how liberal scum
can go sit on it and conservative pigs can go suck eggs.

I like fuji. Currently going through a brick of Acros 100. Good stuff
although more easily scratched than, let's say, hp5+ but that could
just be me.

Old January 19th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article .com,
"Dave the Guy" wrote:

If there were comment sections underneath that press release, you bet
that there would be about 219 comments flaming it, each other, and then
eventually veering off to dicuss the finer points of how liberal scum
can go sit on it and conservative pigs can go suck eggs.

I like fuji. Currently going through a brick of Acros 100. Good stuff
although more easily scratched than, let's say, hp5+ but that could
just be me.

Whatcha zouping it in?

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 19th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Ilford ddx, stopbath, and fixer. Fuji's spec sheet doesn't specify
times with ddx, but I've been fudging it with pretty good results by
comparing the D76 time and working out a ratio (1+5 @ 7:30, 68/20deg).
Probably not the best but it works. Any suggestions?

Old January 19th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old January 20th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article ,
"rafe b" wrote:

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

NPS and NPH are used by lots of photographers still doing
film weddings. Two of my favorite films. Last year I bought at least
60 rolls of 220.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 20th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:31:17 -0500, G- Blank

"rafe b" wrote:

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

NPS and NPH are used by lots of photographers still doing
film weddings. Two of my favorite films. Last year I bought at least
60 rolls of 220.

Do you know anything about the Pro 160 C or Pro 160 S films?

I use Reala in 120 size, but it doesn't seem to be available
in 4x5 sheets. Pro 160S is, at least for now.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old January 20th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

rafe b wrote:
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

No conspiracy. Color film has silver halide in it when the
shutter opens. It doesn't when it comes out of the fix.

Old January 20th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

wrote:
rafe b wrote:
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote:
home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

No conspiracy. Color film has silver halide in it when the
shutter opens. It doesn't when it comes out of the fix.

Yes. What's going on here is that the string of obscure Chinese glyphs that
the Japanese painstakingly scrawl on paper or screen when they think they're
talking about "conventional film" or "traditional film" looks like it means
"silver halide", if you just look at the Chinese characters.

What happened is that either Fuji hired an incompetent translator because
their bean counters won't pay my rates, or the in-house loser who is too
incompetent to do anything else and so gets shuffled over to the
documentation department to check outsourced translations "fixed" a good
translation to match what his dictionary told him.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old January 20th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"rafe b" wrote:

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

NPS and NPH are used by lots of photographers still doing
film weddings. Two of my favorite films. Last year I bought at least
60 rolls of 220.

Do you know anything about the Pro 160 C or Pro 160 S films?

I use Reala in 120 size, but it doesn't seem to be available
in 4x5 sheets. Pro 160S is, at least for now.

Have not shot them yet, I intend to get some soon to do so,
I anticipate them to be better than the previous incarnations.
We will see.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com