small compact underwater digital camera ?

Old January 27th 05, 03:28 PM
Mario

Default small compact underwater digital camera ?

Hello,

I would like a small compact underwater digital camera. One without a
separate housing, do they exist?

I dont care much about quality of pics underwater, I will carry it
down to max 50 mt ( 150 ft ) but mainly I will take pics above 10 mt (
33 ft ) while doing decompression, or on the surface.

Please tell me what brand/models are available.

Thanks,

Mario
Old January 27th 05, 05:35 PM
dave32

50m is probably too much to expect without a pretty serious housing...
most housings only rate to 30 or 40M. I'm not aware of any compact
underwater digitals ... any of those would probably be limited to 5M!

Old January 27th 05, 06:34 PM
Canongirly

well five secounds with google turned up this

http://tinyurl.com/67emk

om...

Old January 27th 05, 11:34 PM
C J Campbell

"Mario" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I would like a small compact underwater digital camera. One without a
separate housing, do they exist?

The only one I know of is the Reefmaster. All the camera stores seem to
carry them.

Old January 28th 05, 12:20 AM
cruzyn56

I have had great success with the Canon A70 and the separate underwater
housing. Divers have told me that they weren't very happy with the
results from the cheap submersibles sold at many dive shops.

Try adorama, they have a selection of underwater cameras. You can also
try Leisure pro. They are a sister company of adorama and sell dive
equipment.

Old January 28th 05, 04:01 AM
Dan Bracuk

"wayne" pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:
:sure no problem how deep 40-60'
:http://www.tweakmonster.com/products/camera_page1.htm

That is a camera in a housing. Did you read this part, "When put
inside it's included shock-resistant clear protective case, the unit
is 100% water proof! That's right....fully submersible, and can go
down to a depth of 40 feet"?

Dan Bracuk
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
Old January 28th 05, 04:02 AM
Dan Bracuk

"wayne" pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:
:http://www.waterproofcameras.com/cgi...code=&cart_id=

Also a camera inside a housing.

Old January 28th 05, 10:31 AM
Tony Howard

You would be better off with a small conventional digital camera, such as
the Sony DSCP100 or an Olympus mU range and their matching housings which
are all rated for 40m / 133fsw.

Better quality (4,5 or 7meg Pixel), good lenses and known quality of
housings.