English Falls, TN Information Request

Old June 11th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default English Falls, TN Information Request

A photographer recently posted a photograph of English Falls in TN,
which sparked a storm of interest because even Greg Plumb, the TN
waterfall expert, had never even heard of it. Any information you can
provide would assist my fellow waterfall hunters across the border (I'm
in AL) greatly. Location information would be, of course, most useful.

Old June 17th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

wrote:

A photographer recently posted a photograph of English Falls in TN,
which sparked a storm of interest because even Greg Plumb, the TN
waterfall expert, had never even heard of it. Any information you can
provide would assist my fellow waterfall hunters across the border (I'm
in AL) greatly. Location information would be, of course, most useful.

It took a while to find, but there is an "English Creek" in Cocke County
Tennesee. I expect your English Falls is an un-named waterfall on
English Creek, since English Mountain and English Creek lie just north
of Great Smokey Mountain National Park, soutwest of Newport, TN.

http://bridges.midwestplaces.com/tn/...reek-nfa-a900/

English Creek appears to flow north-east from English Mountain. It joins
with Laurel Branch to flow into the French Broad river southeast of
Newport, TN.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/county/co15.pdf

Take Exit 440 from Interstate 40 and go under the bridge. Turn right on
state road 73. Turn right again on state Road 32. Follow state road 32
north until you come to Bogard Rd. Turn left. Turn right onto McGaha Rd.

English Creek runs parallel to Bogard & McGaha Rds. English Mountain Rd
will be to the right from McGaha Rd.