Good movie : One Hour Photo

Old February 5th 06, 10:08 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

Default Good movie : One Hour Photo

As always, no spoilers so you may safely read further :-)

One Hour Photo stars Robin Williams. He works at a Walmart like store
as a photo technician. He takes his job seriously and is very exacting
about the quality of the photo prints he produces. He is also a very
lonely and depressed man. He is obsessive about the Yorkin family that
bring their photo's to him for processing. He fantasizes &
hallucinates about being part of their family since he has none of his
own.

All in all, Robin Williams plays the part of a creepy social outcast
quite well. The movies set has a very clean and sterile feel about it.
A lot of white almost as if the movie itself is an over-exposure. It
really shows the movie maker's skill when they know how to use light.

The ending was somewhat bizzare but I guess that's the way his mind
works.

One hour photo is a movie worth watching.

Old February 5th 06, 10:19 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

One hour photo is a movie worth watching.

I don't particularly like Robin Williams but I have to say, this is one of
the finest performances that I've seen him do. The movie has a highly
unusual subject matter and look, it's interestingly enjoyable in the sense
that it manages to maintain the viewers concentration for the duration.

ups.com...

Old February 5th 06, 10:42 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

wrote:

One hour photo is a movie worth watching.

Once. I liked it. But once was enough.
Old February 5th 06, 11:16 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

One hour photo is a movie worth watching.

Once. I liked it. But once was enough.

He was good but the typical lonely guy who wants the family he can't have.
I would have just should the wife the pictures like he did then tried to
move in on her.

Old February 5th 06, 11:28 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

Chris wrote:
He was good but the typical lonely guy who wants the family he can't have.
I would have just should the wife the pictures like he did then tried to
move in on her.

He might get even more problems then. Remember the part in the movie
where the husband is arguing with the wife of over-spending? A
mercedes,...etc. Imagine Sy the photo guy having to pay for her
shopping habits.

Perhaps what he does not realise is how good he has his life as a
single & carefree guy :-)

What did not make any sense in the movie is why he photographed the kid
of the store manager who fired him and sent it to him. What use was
that - the store manager would just call the cops on him and that would
be enough to put him in jail. They should have created a better
ending.

Old February 5th 06, 11:43 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris wrote:
He was good but the typical lonely guy who wants the family he can't
have.
I would have just should the wife the pictures like he did then tried to
move in on her.

He might get even more problems then. Remember the part in the movie
where the husband is arguing with the wife of over-spending? A
mercedes,...etc. Imagine Sy the photo guy having to pay for her
shopping habits.

Perhaps what he does not realise is how good he has his life as a
single & carefree guy :-)

What did not make any sense in the movie is why he photographed the kid
of the store manager who fired him and sent it to him. What use was
that - the store manager would just call the cops on him and that would
be enough to put him in jail. They should have created a better
ending.

He hated the store manager and he knew he was going down anyway and I guess
he just wanted to have the Manager know that he could have offed his kid.

Old February 6th 06, 12:22 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

"Chris" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I gather that this guy "goes postal" at
the end.....:^)

Old February 6th 06, 12:47 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

I agree fully, the movie is worth watching. It's great to see the range
of Robin Williams----not just a comical character. The movie is spooky,
as it treads on a subject that alot of celebrities have to live
with-----Stalkers.
Williams did an excellent job portraying this spooky character. I felt
very sorry for the character in the movie, it reminded me of someone I
know in real life. But I also wondered just how long it would be before
this guy stepped beyond the line of anger into murder.
Helen

Old February 6th 06, 12:57 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris wrote:
[...]

Postal, UPS and FedX

Old February 6th 06, 01:00 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.arts.movies.past-films

"Helen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree fully, the movie is worth watching. It's great to see the range
of Robin Williams----not just a comical character. The movie is spooky,
as it treads on a subject that alot of celebrities have to live
with-----Stalkers.
Williams did an excellent job portraying this spooky character. I felt
very sorry for the character in the movie, it reminded me of someone I
know in real life. But I also wondered just how long it would be before
this guy stepped beyond the line of anger into murder.
Helen

SPOILER

It was good that he really did have not photo eviddence of his crime, just
picture of shower heads and faucets