Canon EOS 20D printed manuals languages

Old November 30th 04, 10:30 PM
Paul Floyd

Default Canon EOS 20D printed manuals languages

Hi all

I'm probably going to order a Canon EOS 20D in the very near future.

I have one question: are the printed manuals in the language of the
country where the camera is purchased, or are they multilingual? Same
question for the software CD(s?). I'd rather have the manuals in
English, though I'll cope with French if the exchange rate takes a turn
for the worse (and I also suppose that I'll have to get a different
cable, or use an adapter for the battery charger from a camera bought in
the UK and used in France).

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
Surgery: ennobled Gerald.
Old December 1st 04, 10:17 AM
Capture Boy

"Paul Floyd" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm probably going to order a Canon EOS 20D in the very near future.

I have one question: are the printed manuals in the language of the
country where the camera is purchased, or are they multilingual? Same
question for the software CD(s?). I'd rather have the manuals in
English, though I'll cope with French if the exchange rate takes a turn
for the worse (and I also suppose that I'll have to get a different
cable, or use an adapter for the battery charger from a camera bought in
the UK and used in France).

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

Buy from Hong Kong, you will get an English Manual, the voltage rating is
the same as the UK, you get 3 pin and 2 pin adaptor leads.

Also most HK sellers are willing to throw in extra's (camera bag, tripod,
spare battery)

Old December 1st 04, 09:53 PM
Paul Floyd

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:17:04 -0000, Capture Boy wrote:

Buy from Hong Kong, you will get an English Manual, the voltage rating is
the same as the UK, you get 3 pin and 2 pin adaptor leads.

Also most HK sellers are willing to throw in extra's (camera bag, tripod,
spare battery)

Thanks for the answer, but my question wasn't 'where can I get a cheap
camera'!

In the past I did look into importing from outside the EU (in particular
from the USA). UPS (or another of the big parcel firms) has a web site
where you can work out the final cost of an import, including import
duties and sales taxes, and it was rather discouraging.

www.pixmania.fr has the 20D + EF-S 16-55mm for Euro1496 + shipping. Even
with the weak dollar, I don't think that I'd save anything by importing
from the USA.

I'm not too sure about buying on the internet from Hong Kong.

A bientot
Paul

Old December 4th 04, 08:29 PM
Paul Floyd

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:43:43 +0100, Ljubo wrote:

Eh?

A+
Paul