I just bought a 16mm Kodak Pageant 205S sound projector? Where can I buy 16mm sound cameras at?

Old May 12th 05, 12:26 AM

Default I just bought a 16mm Kodak Pageant 205S sound projector? Where can I buy 16mm sound cameras at?

I have just bought a 16mm Kodak Pageant 205S sound projector at a
garage sale? Where can I buy 16mm sound camera that will work with this
projector? Does 16mm silent film work with this projector? Does kodak
or other film companys still make 16mm sound and silent film that will
work with this projector?

Thanks

Old May 12th 05, 02:20 PM
Ronald Baird

Greetings,

Looks like you had a nice find, great old projector.

Indeed Kodak does sell 16mm film. If you go to the Kodak website and type in
'16mm film' you will find a long list of 16mm films. Finding a retailer may
be more difficult but the search engines will help direct you to them. The
16mm format is still popular with film makers and students. 16mm no sound
movies will work in the projector. I do not believe we make films that
include sound. It is possible to optically include a sound track on
professional films, but I am not sure about general use areas. I will seek
out some additional information and if I can find details I will send you
there.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/16mm/index.jhtml

I would review eBay for leads to 16mm cameras that might be out there. There
are a good number for review. Depends on what you want to spend and what
you want to do with them. Once you begin to look you will find more and
more.

Talk to you soon,

oups.com...

Old May 12th 05, 04:00 PM
David Ruether

wrote in message oups.com...

I have just bought a 16mm Kodak Pageant 205S sound projector at a
garage sale? Where can I buy 16mm sound camera that will work with this
projector? Does 16mm silent film work with this projector? Does kodak
or other film companys still make 16mm sound and silent film that will
work with this projector?

Thanks

It is a good projector, but supplying the "other parts" (the film
and processing, camera and lenses, editing gear, and final printing)
can be VERY expensive - especially since video (even high-quality
video) is getting cheaper (which is why many/most of the small
film production houses have converted to video). You can find
good deals on Bolex 16mm cameras (I saw one not too long ago
that was astonishing - but reality set in when all else was considered).
A local producer has Steenbeck editing tables (once quite expensive)
sitting in storage, probably available cheap. The projector will play
silent footage (turn off the sound, or the sprocket-hole playback will
drive you nuts! ;-), but at several dollars a minute run time, 16mm
film is not for casual shooting. Best use of the projector may be for
playing ready-made films - there are probably some "interesting"
old ones made for schools, etc. that would now seem funny...
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether