Request for donation of Beseler 45MX accessories

Old September 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
BBarlow690

Default Request for donation of Beseler 45MX accessories

A pandering Beg!

Someone nice donated a Beseler 45MX to our local high school. It needs some
accessories:

A 50mm lens
A lensboard that fits the lens
A 35mm negative carrier
A simple but usable enlarging timer.

This is a small rural high school in New Hampshire, and lacks the budget to buy
these things. If anyone can help, please e-mail me. Thanks!!

Bruce Barlow
Old September 2nd 04, 10:05 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"BBarlow690" wrote

Someone nice donated a Beseler 45MX to our local small rural
high school in New Hampshire, and lacks the budget to buy ...
accessories:

What ever happened to Yankee Ingenuity? I suppose it's all New Yorkers up
there now.

A lensboard that fits the lens

One square piece of 'stuff' with a round hole in it. Two squares of thickish
chipboard (cardboard) glued together makes a great lensboard. Paint black.

A 35mm negative carrier

Two round pieces of stuff with a square hole in each. Two circles of thickish
chipboard held together with a hinge makes a great negative carrier. A hinge at
the back keeps them in line. Duct tape has been known to be used for a hinge.

A simple but usable enlarging timer.

One elephant, two elephants, three elephants ... Good enough for Edward
Weston. Or steal your sister's metronome.

A 50mm lens

Here you will have some difficulty. Get a good lens - the usual: beg, borrow
and steal. Or charge a darkroom fee to pay for the lens, chemicals and
upkeep. People bring their _own_ paper (or you will rapidly go bust).

BTW: Wrong newsgroup. Try rec.photo.darkroom

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com

Old September 2nd 04, 11:25 PM
David Kazdan

I'll check, I may have some of these things I can send along. Send me an email
to remind me.

David Kazdan
Cleveland, Ohio

Old September 3rd 04, 03:38 AM
Msherck

I might also have a spare widget or two in the back of a drawer. Drop me an
e-mail so I don't forget.

mjs

C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.

Old September 3rd 04, 12:06 PM
BBarlow690

Hi, David,

Someone has stepped up with everything but the 35mm carrier. Of you have that,
please e-mail me.

Otherwise, thanks! And if I can't use it, maybe a school near you can?

All best,

Bruce
Old September 3rd 04, 03:35 PM
Kalman Rubinson

I don't know if you are they guy who ended up with the 45MX I donated
to a school but I'd be ****ed off if the lack of a 35mm carrier was
enough to make you discard it. You can make one out of cardboard with
a matte-knife.

I certainly hope someone can give you one but that's throwing out the
baby for the lack of a bath!

Kal

Old September 4th 04, 02:16 AM
Nicholas O. Lindan

Someone nice donated a Beseler 45MX to our local small rural
high school in New Hampshire, and lacks the budget to buy ...
accessories:

A 50mm lens

Looking at ebay, 50mm f4 el-Omegars and Componars (probably the
same thing under the paint) have been going for close to the
price of saying 'supersize it'. Stop down to f8 and they
work about as good as any Plano-Apo-Aspherigon.

You better make this work, kid, the eyes of the world are upon
you. (insert ob smiley here if you have doubts, or don't...)

--
N. O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com
Old September 4th 04, 04:29 PM
BBarlow690

Once again, an entirely helpful message from Mr. Lindan.

Thank you for your generosity of spirit.

Bruce Barlow (not a New Yorker).