Mounted 645 transparencies

Old October 2nd 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steve Bosell

Default Mounted 645 transparencies

I've been chastized before for even considering having my 6x6 tranparencies
mounted, but I like them that way 'cause they're so easy to handle, and I
really haven't noticed any problem with my scans. I just bought a Pentax
645N and I'm wondering if other people have their 645 slides mounted? It
seems to me that if mounting 6x6 slides works well, then the film-flatness
issue would be even less with 645 slides. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Old October 2nd 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
-

If you have a flatbed that requires a film suspension height that is the
same as the suspension height provided by your mount, then you would be
fine. Otherwise, you could be giving up some potential sharpness. You
should cut a custom mask out of black material for these to block stray
light though. If you are using a film scanner that can accept mounted 120
(is there such a scanner?), then the scanner must be designed to compensate
for the change in film position via variable focus.

Doug
--
www.BetterScanning.com - Custom Film Holders and Accessories for Agfa,
Microtek and Epson Scanners

Old October 2nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steve Bosell

Thanks Doug,

I'm using a Nikon LS-8000 film scanner with a film holder designed for
mounted MF film (6x6 & 6x7)!

news

Old October 8th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
One4All

Steve Bosell wrote:
Thanks Doug,

I'm using a Nikon LS-8000 film scanner with a film holder designed for
mounted MF film (6x6 & 6x7)!

I'm sure the LS--8000 scanner has a holder for 6x6 unmounted film. Just
use that. Store your unmounted negs/transps in plastic archival pages,
3-holed for an archival binder. See Adorama.com. If you're dead set on
mounting your 645's ( I wasn't.), Google "gepe," a maker of mountings
for film. However, I don't know that these mounts will fit into your
mounted MF film holder. I'd say, forget about mounting your 645's.

Old October 8th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bob Salomon

In article om,
"One4All" wrote:

Steve Bosell wrote:
Thanks Doug,

I'm using a Nikon LS-8000 film scanner with a film holder designed for
mounted MF film (6x6 & 6x7)!

I'm sure the LS--8000 scanner has a holder for 6x6 unmounted film. Just
use that. Store your unmounted negs/transps in plastic archival pages,
3-holed for an archival binder. See Adorama.com. If you're dead set on
mounting your 645's ( I wasn't.), Google "gepe," a maker of mountings
for film. However, I don't know that these mounts will fit into your
mounted MF film holder. I'd say, forget about mounting your 645's.

Gepe mounts for 6x6 are an industry standard size to fit all common 6x6
slide projectors. Any scanner that can hold mounted 6x6 slides can hold
Gepe 6x45 or 6x6 mounts in glass, glassless and presentation versions.
Gepe 6x6 mounted slides also fit Vue-All slide pages for archival sheet
storage of the slides. Gepe and Vue-All are available at or can be
ordered from any camera store.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.