Photoshop Elements 3 problem

Old April 21st 05, 02:10 PM
Greg Hazen

Default Photoshop Elements 3 problem

Has anyone experienced computer freeze (Elements window only) when you try
to save or save as. The program worked fine for a short while, now as soon
as I try to save a file, modified or unmodified, the window freezes.

Old April 21st 05, 02:44 PM
Joseph Meehan

Greg Hazen wrote:
Has anyone experienced computer freeze (Elements window only) when
you try to save or save as. The program worked fine for a short
while, now as soon as I try to save a file, modified or unmodified,
the window freezes.

Not I.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Old April 21st 05, 03:20 PM
Ron

Nope, but it's a power hog and I would recommend that before you use it
you reboot. Almost make sure you disc and registry are not fragmented.
Also, you are not using it with Win98????? It is designed for XP and up.

Old April 21st 05, 03:52 PM
Greg Hazen

Thanks for your help. I am using XP, have tried rebooting (doesn't help),
and have defragged disk. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, again worked
correctly for a while, then problem resurfaces. I have 512K RAM, is this
enough?

Old April 21st 05, 04:23 PM
Ron

Greg:

Doesn't feel to me like it is the amount of ram you have, but maybe
memory management or some kind of conflict. Have you had other versions
of Elements on your computer? Adobe software you are no longer using? I
had some loading problems and cured them by going into the registry and
killing all references to Elements. I then reinstalled and all was cool.
Incidentally, my loading problem was very similar. Would work and then
die after awhile.

I would not recommend changing your registry without fully backing it up
first. What I noticed was that even though I thought I had uninstalled
Elements it remained in my registry and so I had to kill it by hand.
Also check to see what other processes are running when you run into
your problem. You just might have too much going on at the same time.

What happens if you reset your system to an earlier time when Elements
was working? Have you tried that? Looked at what processes are or are
not running.

Just thinking....hope something helps. You might also do a Google search
for 3.0 freezing.

Old April 21st 05, 04:35 PM
Frank ess

Greg Hazen wrote:
Has anyone experienced computer freeze (Elements window only) when
you try to save or save as. The program worked fine for a short
while, now as soon as I try to save a file, modified or unmodified,
the window freezes.

I had something similar. How long will it freeze for? I kept
Ctrl-Alt-Del to End Program, but one time I let it sit, and after about
six minutes it went back to work. I think it is a Windows function
trying to read a non-functional network drive, or some such. It really
wants to see what's there, persists for six minutes, and finally gives
up.

Or maybe your machine is infested with the Waveries ...

--
Frank ess