Who care really if the D3 is better/worse than some Canon model?

Old February 29th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Father Kodak

Default Who care really if the D3 is better/worse than some Canon model?

Am I the only one who finds this endless drivel borrrrrrring and
immature?

Rita, or whoever "it" really is, I wish I knew what to say to "it,"
except that it's time to go out and play with the other kids in the
sandbox.

I got a D3 about a month ago, and I'm very happy with it. Isn't that
enough?

Father Kodak
Old February 29th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

It's "who cares" not "who care".
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 29th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
Father Kodak wrote:

Am I the only one who finds this endless drivel borrrrrrring and
immature?

Nope. I couldn't care less either. My theory is, use whatever camera
works best for you. I don't have a vested interest in any camera
manufacturer. I am a long-time Canon user, but if someone wants to buy
Nikon, Sony, Smiggeggi, whatever, why in the world would I care? Life is
why too short for such silliness as camera religious arguments.
Old February 29th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Father Kodak" wrote in message
Am I the only one who finds this endless drivel borrrrrrring and
immature?

Rita, or whoever "it" really is, I wish I knew what to say to "it,"
except that it's time to go out and play with the other kids in the
sandbox.

I got a D3 about a month ago, and I'm very happy with it. Isn't that
enough?

It should be enough for you, certainly.

A lot of what you're talking about is more or less like Ford fans arguing
with Chevy fans about which is best. Such arguments ("nyahh nyahh") are fun
for people who enjoy that sort of exchange and of little interest to those
who don't. If you find it "borrrrrrrrrring" why read it?

I'm a Nikon guy myself and I recognize that Canon is my chosen make's chief
competitor. As such, I do like to read about which brand is getting ahead of
the other technologically, and how. It's just a matter of general interest
for me. Sure, there are some immature comments made by either side but those
are easy to skip over.

Neil

Old February 29th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jean

"Neil Harrington" a écrit dans le message de news:

[...]

Indeed, it is competition and drives the maket. Whatever is done better by
one maker will be copied and improved by the other, all to the benefit of
the users.

Jean

Old February 29th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:05:35 -0500, "Rita Berkowitz"
wrote:

Shawn Hirn wrote:

Am I the only one who finds this endless drivel borrrrrrring and
immature?

Probably so. My web hit counter lights up like a Christmas tree within
15-seconds of me posting an image. I appreciate my fan base.

I will admit that you post intriguing subject titles. I rarely fail
to be pleased by what I find at the links you post.
Old March 1st 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington[_2_]

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Neil Harrington wrote:

A lot of what you're talking about is more or less like Ford fans
arguing with Chevy fans about which is best. Such arguments ("nyahh
nyahh") are fun for people who enjoy that sort of exchange and of
little interest to those who don't. If you find it "borrrrrrrrrring"
why read it?

You miss the point! Take the Chevy/Ford thing. There's nothing
sweeter than putting in a Ford 9" rear in a Chevy and a small block
Chevy motor in a Ford.

Why do that? I could see putting Cadillac engines in Fords (which was a very
popular thing to do at one time), but there were much better Ford engines
than the small block Chevy. And Ford-O-Matics of the period were sure a lot
better than Chevy's PowerGlide. In fact I can't think of any auto
transmission worse than PowerGlide, except perhaps Dynaflow. ;-)

Kinda like the Nikon/Canon thing. You need
Nikkor glass to make Canon bodies work while Nikon got both bases
covered now.

If you like, but for me it's Nikon all the way. (Well, I do have one
Nikon-mount Tokina lens -- but I wouldn't be interested in mix-and-match
with different camera makers' bodies and lenses.)

I'm a Nikon guy myself and I recognize that Canon is my chosen make's
chief competitor. As such, I do like to read about which brand is
getting ahead of the other technologically, and how. It's just a
matter of general interest for me. Sure, there are some immature
comments made by either side but those are easy to skip over.

Well, that's true, but the facts should always be presented in a way
that is both stimulating and make the readers think.

I'm all for that.

Neil

Old March 1st 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Father Kodak

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:02:44 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

It's "who cares" not "who care".

Typo, that's all. We all do that from time to time.

Father Kodak
Old March 1st 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Neil Harrington wrote:

I'm a Nikon guy myself and I recognize that Canon is my chosen make's
chief competitor. As such, I do like to read about which brand is
getting ahead of the other technologically, and how. It's just a
matter of general interest for me. Sure, there are some immature
comments made by either side but those are easy to skip over.

Well, that's true,

Which is your excuse for posting "immature comments".

but the facts should always be presented in a way that is
both stimulating and make the readers think.

And were you planning on actually doing that one of these days?

--
Ray Fischer

Old March 1st 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
Neil Harrington wrote:

Why do that? I could see putting Cadillac engines in Fords (which was
a very popular thing to do at one time), but there were much better
Ford engines than the small block Chevy. And Ford-O-Matics of the
period were sure a lot better than Chevy's PowerGlide. In fact I
can't think of any auto transmission worse than PowerGlide, except
perhaps Dynaflow. ;-)

The only good Ford engine from that era was the 351 Cleveland. The
Windsor
was a big compromise.

Well, we're speaking of different periods of course. I remember when the
first Chevy small block came out; you probably do not. So I tend to think of
"small block" as meaning the early ones like the 265 and 283, not the later
bored and stroked versions.

At about that time they were stuffing big-inch Caddy engines into Fords to
make "Fordillacs" -- which would outperform almost anything.

The only big block V8 I ever owned was the 352 in my 1966 Galaxie
convertible. That was great fun to drive, but it sure was thirsty -- about
10 or 11 mpg around town, even less when driven enthusiastically. Of course
gas was a lot cheaper in 1966.

Neil