for Rita

Old February 26th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jufi[_4_]

Default for Rita

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326811

Sorry if this the third attempt, but I didn't want you to miss this one...
Old February 27th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jean

Like a horse with blinders, she will not reply.

Jean

PS I liked the "test", and as they said, both cameras are very capabale
units, something lost to some people.

v6Uwj.286$o23.252@trndny09...

Old February 28th 08, 01:55 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufi[_4_]

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
BobW wrote:

It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as
described also in this forum),

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26239502

it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density
between the two cameras, and both cameras have their respective
"sweet spots".

Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In
all
seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass, that's a
fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn things were
razor
sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
switching to the D3.

And what bible is this printed in?

As far as "waking up" the MIII, I guess those Canon teles must suck...

Old February 28th 08, 06:14 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufi[_4_]

Jufi wrote:

BobW wrote:

It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as
described also in this forum),

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26239502

it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density
between the two cameras, and both cameras have their respective
"sweet spots".

Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In
all
seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass,
that's a fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn
things were razor
sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
switching to the D3.

And what bible is this printed in?

Whatever one you want it to be in.

As I thought. Anecdotal; no real proof of anything.

As far as "waking up" the MIII, I guess those Canon teles must suck...

Ah.. Glad you asked, though using a different sock. As you are aware I
did
own the infamous 500/4L IS and yes it did suck. Very inexpensive compared
to its Nikon counterpart, but it did suck so much that it was worth
putting
in the extra $2K for the Nikon.

Can't wait to see your test results.

No socks, just got bored of being "Kinon." Something I do every so often.