Canon Firmware Updates

Old June 1st 05, 03:01 AM

Default Canon Firmware Updates

Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

Old June 1st 05, 03:35 AM
Musty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

This clearly states that the 20D is the most robust of the Canon DSLR
lineup. My oh my, what a camera!

;-)

Old June 1st 05, 03:40 AM
Frank ess

Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

Thank you, Brian.

--
Frank ess

Old June 1st 05, 03:44 AM
Darrell

"Musty" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

This clearly states that the 20D is the most robust of the Canon DSLR
lineup. My oh my, what a camera!

How does this state that?

Old June 1st 05, 03:48 AM
Musty

"Darrell" wrote in message

"Musty" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

This clearly states that the 20D is the most robust of the Canon DSLR
lineup. My oh my, what a camera!

How does this state that?

Ok you missed my smiley-wink face - aka I was kidding. Here it is again
;-)

Old June 1st 05, 03:49 AM
Musty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

If you register your camera on the Canon web-site, you get automatic emails
telling you of FW updates - just a suggestion...

Old June 1st 05, 03:56 AM
Darrell

"Musty" wrote in message

"Darrell" wrote in message

"Musty" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

This clearly states that the 20D is the most robust of the Canon DSLR
lineup. My oh my, what a camera!

How does this state that?

Ok you missed my smiley-wink face - aka I was kidding. Here it is again
;-)

I did miss it, what firmware is the 20D on now 5th or 6th?

Old June 1st 05, 04:00 AM
Musty

"Darrell" wrote in message

"Musty" wrote in message

"Darrell" wrote in message

"Musty" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

This clearly states that the 20D is the most robust of the Canon DSLR
lineup. My oh my, what a camera!

How does this state that?

Ok you missed my smiley-wink face - aka I was kidding. Here it is again
;-)

I did miss it, what firmware is the 20D on now 5th or 6th?

I think its had enough FW upgrades that we should call it the 25D.

Actually I really like this FW stuff. Developers put the critical
(bug-prone) functionality in FW achieving a couple of things:
- Faster time to market (at expense of bugs in the field)
- Customer performs the repair with a few clicks

Old June 1st 05, 04:21 AM
Frank ess

Musty wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered
no
problems.

If you register your camera on the Canon web-site, you get automatic
emails telling you of FW updates - just a suggestion...

I must be a second-class registsrant. It takes them about ten days to
get to my name.

Thanks again, Brian.

--
Frank ess

Old June 1st 05, 05:34 AM
Skip M

"Musty" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rebel XT / 350D
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

EOS-1Ds Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2...irmware-e.html

EOS-1D Mark II
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/...irmware-e.html

I upped my XT to 1.0.2 following the instructions and encountered no
problems.

If you register your camera on the Canon web-site, you get automatic
emails
telling you of FW updates - just a suggestion...

I did, and I don't...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com