Opinions on Canon i960

Old July 5th 04, 09:46 PM
David McCarthy

Default Opinions on Canon i960

I take alot of digital photos with my Canon S50 and would like to have the
ability to produce photo quality prints at home.

I am considering the i960 printer. Does anyone have any comments or know of
any reasons not to purchase this model?

My Internet research indicates this is a good printer.

Have a good day.
Dave

Old July 5th 04, 10:55 PM
Jay

I am considering the i960 printer. Does anyone have any comments or
know of any reasons not to purchase this model?

I've had mine for six months and I'm happy with the results.
Old July 6th 04, 12:17 AM
Ron

"David McCarthy" wrote in message
I take alot of digital photos with my Canon S50 and would like to have the
ability to produce photo quality prints at home.

I am considering the i960 printer. Does anyone have any comments or know

of
any reasons not to purchase this model?

My Internet research indicates this is a good printer.

Have a good day.
Dave

If all you want is photo quality prints, and you're not a professional, skip
the i960 and other six ink tank printers and get an i560. You won't regret
it and neither will your wallet.

Ron

Old July 6th 04, 01:52 AM
bmoag

Whoever "Ron" is he is entitled to his dubious opinion. The i960,
particularly if you can get a sale price, is the greatest bargain so far in
printer history. There is a massive difference in print quality between the
960 and the 560. If you actually learn about quality printing and color
management you will never regret buying the 960. There is no Epson or HP
printer at this price point that is even worth considering. I print with
both an Epson 1280 and a Canon 960: if I did not occasionally want to print
larger than 8.5x11 I would trash the 1280, that's how much I like the 960.
Before the 960 I was a life time Epson devotee. My next printer will be a
Canon.

Old July 6th 04, 04:09 AM
Ron

"bmoag" wrote in message
om...
Whoever "Ron" is he is entitled to his dubious opinion. The i960,
particularly if you can get a sale price, is the greatest bargain so far

in
printer history. There is a massive difference in print quality between

the
960 and the 560. If you actually learn about quality printing and color
management you will never regret buying the 960. There is no Epson or HP
printer at this price point that is even worth considering. I print with
both an Epson 1280 and a Canon 960: if I did not occasionally want to

print
larger than 8.5x11 I would trash the 1280, that's how much I like the 960.
Before the 960 I was a life time Epson devotee. My next printer will be a
Canon.

"dubious??" There is hardly any need for that comment. My statement was
valid. If "you're not a professional" or should I say you're not the kind
that thinks he's a professional, then the i560 is by far and away the most
cost effective photo quality printer between the two. "Oh yeah, MY printer's
got photo Magenta and Cyan. It's BIGGER than yours." It's just a ****ing
contest to some. You'd need a jeweler's loupe to see the difference. But
then again, I'm not a discriminating professional like "bmoag". By the
question of the OP, I assumed he wasn't either. "Massive difference"?? BS.

Ron

Old July 10th 04, 03:39 PM
BF

David McCarthy wrote:

I take alot of digital photos with my Canon S50 and would like to have the
ability to produce photo quality prints at home.

I am considering the i960 printer. Does anyone have any comments or know of
any reasons not to purchase this model?

My Internet research indicates this is a good printer.

Have a good day.
Dave

I don't think you can beat it. Very easy and cheap to refill the ink tanks.