IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR JEFF RALPH AND ANY OTHER IMAGE THIEVES WITHMY PROPERTY

Old August 5th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
The pixel Bandit

Default IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR JEFF RALPH AND ANY OTHER IMAGE THIEVES WITHMY PROPERTY

In 2000, moral rights were recognised in Australian copyright
legislation. The moral rights provided under Australian law
now a

A right of attribution.

The right to be clearly and reasonably prominently identified
as the author, in any reasonable form.

The right to avoid false attribution, where the work is
falsely presented as being another's work ...Integrity of
authorship.

*The right to not have the work treated in a derogatory manner
(this is a right to protect the honour and reputation of the
author).*

*Take notice:* That legal action is about to be commenced
against you for damages caused by your repeated refusal to
remove the material you improperly obtained and used without
my (the copyright owner) permission.

*Last warning:*
Get rid of that part of your website that contains copyright
material belonging to me that you are using in a derogatory
manner intended to damage my reputation ...*before midnight on
9th August 2009*

If you fail to do this, I will have your site taken down for
breach of copyright and issue instructions to commence action
against you and your host for damages.

If you follow my demands and then re-launch the pages under a
different site or banner, I will increase the amount of
damages I will seek and proceed to litigation without further
notice to you.
--

Douglas St James-Macdonald

Footnote to 123ehost.com
If this site remains on your server after the 9th of August
2009 and still contains my copyright property, I will take
action against you under the DMCA.
Old August 5th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D

Default LOL

Umm, Dougggy, this is a newsgroup mate, did you not notice?

LOL

Old August 6th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

The pixel Bandit wrote:

*Last warning:*
Get rid of that part of your website that contains copyright
material belonging to me that you are using in a derogatory
manner intended to damage my reputation ...*before midnight on
9th August 2009*

Do your worst.

You have stated -unambiguously- on this forum, that my webpage assists your
business and increases your sales.

Do I get a commission?

The law allows for fair use for the purposes of parody or satire - not to
mention review.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html

I have (ever since day 1) scrupulously attributed the work (!) to you.
That's my whole point, Doug - that it *is* yours. I have never - would
never - even consider passing it off as my own. (ewwww...)

Read the page above very carefully, Doug. The most damning statements - by
far - were written by *you* (the right-hand panel) All I've done is point
them out (the left-hand panel.)

Answer your critics, Doug.
Justify your claims.

Your "legal team" may contact me at the (100% valid and active) address I
gave you earlier. I await your correspondence.

Oh, and BTW - the other two URLs are loaded up and ready to be publicised at
a moment's notice. They're both hosted anonymously and internationally. I
have no idea *who* in this forum may be willing to mirror my webpage....

Doug, there's no need for you to tell further lies about threatened legal
action.
Just post the "stepped-out pano" and I promise - hand on heart - I'll remove
the webpage and apologise.

You know - the image you have repeatedly claimed you made.

Ball's in your court.
Go for it.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 6th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

The pixel Bandit wrote:
In 2000, moral rights were recognised in Australian copyright
legislation. The moral rights provided under Australian law
now a

A right of attribution.

Which is provided.
I had to *add* it to the images, to avoid any misunderstanding.
To be precise: *I* added the watermark on the images with *your* name.

The right to be clearly and reasonably prominently identified
as the author, in any reasonable form.

See above

The right to avoid false attribution, where the work is
falsely presented as being another's work ...Integrity of
authorship.

See above

*The right to not have the work treated in a derogatory manner
(this is a right to protect the honour and reputation of the
author).*

Truth is a defence here.
I simply presented what you originally presented yourself - and then I
pointed out your lies.
Good luck establishing "honour and reputation" there, Doug. Look at the
defamatory language *you* used - and continue to use.

I quote you - in this forum - from a few days ago:

"...I often refer people to Jeff Ralph's site for a laugh.
Anyone who's seen or bought my marine photos has
probably seen the one he's helped sell for me... "

Good luck proving damage to reputation or business.
I take the above statement by you as implied permission to publish - not
that I need it, of course. Its just nice to know that I have your approval
and blessings.

I re-state: Where is my commission for the "sale" of your prints? (To cover
my costs re marketing and advertising of your "product")

Do I have to threaten legal action to get my fair cut?

--
Jeff R.

Old August 6th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

Annika1980 wrote:

(directed to D-Mac)

One Q. Given what you've posted here and all the vitriol and lies
you've been spewing for years, how could anyone possibly damage your
reputation?

Someone thanked him for advice, and complimented him for his knowledge once.
I'd call that *severe* damage to his reputation.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 6th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
The pixel Bandit

Pete D wrote:
Umm, Dougggy, this is a newsgroup mate, did you not notice?

LOL

Yeah I did actually but the ****wit's listed e-mail address
....the one you have to maintain to keep your domain name,
returns an error, just like his listed residential address.

--

I'm coming back as a Pelican...
Watch out because I'm staying the worlds biggest ass-hole!
Old August 6th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
The pixel Bandit

Jeff R. wrote:

Oh boy...
You finally got your wish... Fool.

Old August 6th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

The pixel Bandit wrote:
Jeff R. wrote:

Oh boy...
You finally got your wish... Fool.

Interesting sig you're using Doug.

Now - does this mean you're finally going to post the elusive stepped-out
pano?

--
Jeff R.
(forgive me if I don't hold my breath)

Old August 6th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

The pixel Bandit wrote:
Pete D wrote:
Umm, Dougggy, this is a newsgroup mate, did you not notice?

LOL

Yeah I did actually but the ****wit's listed e-mail address
...the one you have to maintain to keep your domain name,
returns an error, just like his listed residential address.

Doug, would you please moderate your obscene language.
My sensitive nature is offended by such things.

--
Jeff R.
(but I'm sure the court will appreciate it...)

Old August 6th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

The pixel Bandit wrote:
Pete D wrote:
Umm, Dougggy, this is a newsgroup mate, did you not notice?

LOL

Yeah I did actually but the ****wit's listed e-mail address
...the one you have to maintain to keep your domain name,
returns an error, just like his listed residential address.

Use the legitimate, valid, current address I posted some time ago.

--
Jeff R.