Photo Editing 2017 - An Opinion

Old January 24th 17, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

Default Photo Editing 2017 - An Opinion

On 1/24/2017 1:07 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

Just how long have I been working with Photoshop?

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 1/24/2017 2:13 PM, nospam wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

As a matter of curiosity, just when did you start working with photoshop?

in late 1989, when photoshop was still beta. it came with a hardware
key. the company i was at had only one key. we shared, although it was
really just myself and one or two others.

photoshop version 1.0 was released in feb 1990, mac only.

peter doesn't use a mac,

And you know I never did.

so the first opportunity he could have used
photoshop would have been when it went cross-platform in 1992 with
version 2.5, about 3 years after i first started using it.

1992 is well before the digital photography revolution, so it's likely
that he did not start using photoshop until much later.

i still have photoshop 2.0 on an old mac from that era, which worked
the last time i tried.

To make a declaration that you have worked with Photoshop for much
longer than an individual whose usage history you have absolutly no
knowledge, is to put it mildly, Trumpian. Perhaps you are drawing from
an alternate fact set.

perhaps i'm drawing from what actually happened.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

As a matter of curiosity, just when did you start working with photoshop?

in late 1989, when photoshop was still beta. it came with a hardware
key. the company i was at had only one key. we shared, although it was
really just myself and one or two others.

photoshop version 1.0 was released in feb 1990, mac only.

peter doesn't use a mac,

And you know I never did.

occasionally using a mac does not count.

i was using photoshop since 1989. you were not.

and as for plug-ins, i first started writing them in the late 1990s
with the bulk of it in the mid-2000s.
Old January 24th 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

So you claim.

yes i do, and calling me a liar shows just how desperate you are to
bash and argue.
Old January 24th 17, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-01-24 19:13:34 +0000, nospam said:

Savageduck wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

As a matter of curiosity, just when did you start working with photoshop?

in late 1989, when photoshop was still beta. it came with a hardware
key. the company i was at had only one key. we shared, although it was
really just myself and one or two others.

photoshop version 1.0 was released in feb 1990, mac only.

peter doesn't use a mac, so the first opportunity he could have used
photoshop would have been when it went cross-platform in 1992 with
version 2.5, about 3 years after i first started using it.

1992 is well before the digital photography revolution, so it's likely
that he did not start using photoshop until much later.

i still have photoshop 2.0 on an old mac from that era, which worked
the last time i tried.

OK! That is logical and actually makes sense.

My first exposure to Photoshop was around 1994 as that was when I got
my first Mac. Up until then I was quite happy with my Apple ][e with
DuoDrives and of all things, a Gibson Light Pen to play with.

To make a declaration that you have worked with Photoshop for much
longer than an individual whose usage history you have absolutly no
knowledge, is to put it mildly, Trumpian. Perhaps you are drawing from
an alternate fact set.

perhaps i'm drawing from what actually happened.

Savageduck

Old January 24th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 1/24/2017 2:13 PM, nospam wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
[...]

According to that logic you nobody has more experience using PS than
you. Sure we believe that. You said so, it must be true.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 17, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
[...]

i never said any such thing. stop lying.
Old January 24th 17, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 1/24/2017 2:31 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
within PS.

not true.

If you actually worked with the product you would know what I am talking
about. OK I will revise to say the "majority of things"

i've worked with photoshop for much longer than you have and have also
written several photoshop plug-ins, so i'm quite confident i know far
more about what can and cannot be done with a plug-in.

So you claim.

yes i do, and calling me a liar shows just how desperate you are to
bash and argue.

According to you asking for proof, is calling you a liar.
Meanwhile, you do not even tell us which plugins you claim to have
written. Not even what the plugin does.
Now just what conclusion should we draw.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 17, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 1/24/2017 2:49 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

From a technical standpoint anything a plugin does can be done from
[...]

Do learn logic. OTOH, I really don't care what you learn. You have
proven to be a blowhard.

--
PeterN
Old January 25th 17, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Andrea Rimicci

That confirms I'm not the only one that uses "what is needed to be
done, only when needed. The less, the better".

Knowledge is power: if you know which kind of effect you want to do,
and you know which plugin does the job, you're green.

Personally, if I need some effect, I'll search the optimal plugin for
it and nothing else, this results in a libray of things I know what
they do. No need to load all the Nik when I only use Dfine.
--
andrea - ri mi cci, name