2Gig CompactFlash or 2Gig Microdrive

Old July 6th 04, 03:40 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

True. But how many verifiable cases can you find of this? Or is it just
perhaps our normal paranoia of what *might* go wrong?

I just got back from a week in Yellowstone. One body, 6 lenses, one 4gb
microdrive. Every night I copied the day's efforts to a laptop, and left
them on the microdrive as well for backup. I suppose I could have used the
256mb card in my wife's S230 in an emergency, but none arose.

Tom P.

Old July 6th 04, 08:52 PM
Ron

"Wayne Moses" wrote in message

"Tom Pfeiffer" wrote in message
s.com...
How about having to change cards every 40-50 pictures? What a drag. I've

had
cards from 15mb up to a 4gb microdrive, and I've NEVER lost a picture

due
a failed card. Not in 7 years. Maybe I"m just lucky?

Maybe.

However, if you miss a shot due to the failure of your one and only card,
might that not be a bigger drag? ;-)

Different strokes, I guess.

Wayne
Nikon D70
18-70 Nikkor
70-300 Nikkor

That's what I like about my S7000. It can accommodate both a xD card and a
CF card at the same time. If, for some reason, either fails, I can switch
over to the other storage card in the camera's setup.

Ron

Old August 17th 04, 05:56 PM
nomail

My 1GB drive worked great for three years, then I dropped it 8" onto a
soft carpet and it died.

My CF cards are still fine, even after similar test drops (I was really
ticked off about the drive).