Nikon dx1 vs Nikon d100

Old February 3rd 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Nikon dx1 vs Nikon d100

hello to all!

i am in the market to purchase a new slr camera. i started to look into the
Nikon D50, D70 or D100 but came acrossed the Nikon Dx1 which i believe is an
older model but more professional camera. I want to be able use this camera
for weddings ect.. to start shooting wedding ect.. I want a really durable
professional camera but not the professional price that can easily slip into
the 1000's of dollars range. I've found the Nikon Dx1 camera for around 900
but found a Nikon d100 for 675.00!
what is my best bet here?! what do you guys think i should go for! is there
a big different in quality. would the D100 work well or should i go with the
older camera DX1 that is a little more on the professional side?

Thanks everyone and appreciate your help on my task to find the perfect
camera!

Old February 3rd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

In article 5b4ca2680d05b@uwe, "Nicola W via PhotoKB.com" u11277@uwe
wrote:

i am in the market to purchase a new slr camera. i started to look
into the Nikon D50, D70 or D100 but came acrossed the Nikon Dx1 which
i believe is an older model but more professional camera. I want to
be able use this camera for weddings ect.. to start shooting wedding
ect.. I want a really durable professional camera but not the
professional price that can easily slip into the 1000's of dollars
range. I've found the Nikon Dx1 camera for around 900 but found a
Nikon d100 for 675.00! what is my best bet here?! what do you guys
think i should go for! is there a big different in quality. would
the D100 work well or should i go with the older camera DX1 that is a
little more on the professional side?

Check out the D200. The DX1 and D100 are discontinued models.

The DX1 is a pro model, but the D100 is a "prosumer" model.
Old February 3rd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

[...]

Assuming you mean a D1x vs. a D100... the D1x wins hands down every time.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old February 3rd 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

wrote:

i am in the market to purchase a new slr camera. i started to look
into the Nikon D50, D70 or D100 but came acrossed the Nikon Dx1 which
i believe is an older model but more professional camera. I want to
be able use this camera for weddings ect.. to start shooting wedding
ect.. I want a really durable professional camera but not the
professional price that can easily slip into the 1000's of dollars
range. I've found the Nikon Dx1 camera for around 900 but found a
Nikon d100 for 675.00! what is my best bet here?! what do you guys
think i should go for! is there a big different in quality. would
the D100 work well or should i go with the older camera DX1 that is a
little more on the professional side?

Check out the D200. The DX1 and D100 are discontinued models.

The DX1 is a pro model, but the D100 is a "prosumer" model.

And the D200 would cost at least twice the price mentioned.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old February 3rd 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Nicola W via PhotoKB.com u11277@uwe wrote:

i am in the market to purchase a new slr camera. i started to look
into the Nikon D50, D70 or D100 but came acrossed the Nikon Dx1
which i believe is an older model but more professional camera. I
want to be able use this camera for weddings ect.. to start
shooting wedding ect.. I want a really durable professional camera
but not the professional price that can easily slip into the 1000's
of dollars range. I've found the Nikon Dx1 camera for around 900
but found a Nikon d100 for 675.00!

The D1x is better than the D100 in most repsects, but short battery
life will really hurt you when shooting weddings. Most D1x users have
several batteries and keep one on charge at all times. These
batteries are expensive.

Andrew.
Old February 3rd 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Andrew Haley wrote:
Nicola W via PhotoKB.com u11277@uwe wrote:

i am in the market to purchase a new slr camera. i started to look
into the Nikon D50, D70 or D100 but came acrossed the Nikon Dx1
which i believe is an older model but more professional camera. I
want to be able use this camera for weddings ect.. to start
shooting wedding ect.. I want a really durable professional camera
but not the professional price that can easily slip into the 1000's
of dollars range. I've found the Nikon Dx1 camera for around 900
but found a Nikon d100 for 675.00!

The D1x is better than the D100 in most repsects, but short battery
life will really hurt you when shooting weddings. Most D1x users have
several batteries and keep one on charge at all times. These
batteries are expensive.

The EN-4 batteries used by the D1 series (including the D1x) run
anywhere from $20 to $30 each. That does not seem "expensive"
for a rechargable battery pack.

The problem is not the expense of the normal batteries, but the
cost of an external high capacity battery. For example, a
Quantum Turbo, which is in fact expensive. For someone shooting
a wedding or two per week it would certainly be worth the
expense. For somebody doing one a month or every two month...
probably not.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old February 3rd 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Floyd Davidson wrote:
Andrew Haley wrote:
[...]

Really? They cost a hell of a lot more than that last time I bought
one, but OK.

The problem is not the expense of the normal batteries, but the
cost of an external high capacity battery.

Well, the problem is the fact that the D1x needs a lot of power, one
way or another. There are a number of ways to solve that problem.

Andrew.