Replace Microtek?

Old October 24th 04, 02:56 AM
ArtKramr

Default Replace Microtek?

My Microtek scanner won't work with my new Windows XP computer. Microtek has
given me reams of instructions plus new drivers. Nothing works. I would like
to replace it with a more reliable, simpler, more dependable flat bed scanner
that can also scan negs. Any ideas? The MIcrotek worked well when it worked, I
did my website on it..

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old October 24th 04, 03:26 PM
Graham Crawford

Hmmm.
I'm still using my Scanmaker E6 - an old SCSI clunker that works well under
XP.
Your USB scanner should be fine. XP has it's own built-in scanner (twain)
support and assuming scanwizard loaded OK, when it comes to aquiring and
image from - say within Photoshop, select SCANWIZARD scanner as the source.
Do not select Microtek or Scanmaker (or however else it's named).
But I suppose you knew that anyway.....

Other failures are usually associated with USB conflicts/drivers. In your
BIOS settings do you have a setting to enable legacy USB (or v 1.00./1.1)?
Do you have any USB speed adjustmemts in the BIOS?

I'm researching an up-to-date scanner for myself, but am reluctant to loose
Scanwizard- the best scanner software ever written.

G.C.

"Graham Crawford" wrote in message
What model is it?

Old October 24th 04, 03:41 PM
Cooter

Consider a Microtek X12USL. It will scan 8.5 x 11 as well as transparencies
and negatives with the optional light lid. Their latest version of ScanWiz
works well with Win XP. Have used mine for a couple of years with good
results.