Agfa is Dead, Long Live Datasheets!

Old February 13th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Agfa is Dead, Long Live Datasheets!

Thanks to Thomas H who saved them, I put links to Agfa's PDF datasheets
for professional and consumer film on this webpage, below data tables:

http://cacreeks.com/films.htm

Old March 12th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Agfa Film is dead, long live Agfa ... Agfa is Dead, Long LiveDatasheets!

On 13-Feb-06 15:26, Bill Tuthill wrote:
Thanks to Thomas H who saved them, I put links to Agfa's PDF datasheets
for professional and consumer film on this webpage, below data tables:

http://cacreeks.com/films.htm

Thanks Bill for keeping the splendid list of films for
us for such a long time! Whoever photographs for a longer
time, will sure have his/her legacy on film, and we will
always return to the list as a reference!

Just to make it more precise:
Not the Agfa is dead! Agfa Film is dead, or rather AgfaPhoto,
the newly created split-off from Agfa. Agfa itself do well
without the now obsolete film division, although they still
do a few special films, such as the "fast processing" large
sheet newspaper film and special aerial imaging film with
suppressed high blue, violet and UV spectrum.

As we know Konika is go go away soon. I also downloaded
all sorts of *.pdf files from Konika-Minolta's site.

Thomas

Old March 13th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

ThomasH wrote:

Agfa itself do well
without the now obsolete film division, although they still
do a few special films, such as the "fast processing" large
sheet newspaper film and special aerial imaging film with
suppressed high blue, violet and UV spectrum.

On the day the lights went on for good in AgfaPhoto's Leverkusen film
coating plant, local media reported that the last batch ever made was a
great big roll of aerial imaging film for AgfaGevaert that should keep
the Belgians going for another five years. The remaining divisions have
no film coating facilities.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de
Old March 14th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

On 13-Mar-06 02:13, Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:
ThomasH wrote:

Agfa itself do well
without the now obsolete film division, although they still
do a few special films, such as the "fast processing" large
sheet newspaper film and special aerial imaging film with
suppressed high blue, violet and UV spectrum.

On the day the lights went on for good in AgfaPhoto's Leverkusen film
coating plant, local media reported that the last batch ever made was a
great big roll of aerial imaging film for AgfaGevaert that should keep
the Belgians going for another five years. The remaining divisions have
no film coating facilities.

Ralf

I feel lucky that I got the Agfa A3 IT8 calibration target
from Wolf Faust, as well as the Agfa CT100 Precisa strip
from Colour Science! I made *.icc profiles from them and
I keep these targets in the freezer. We will not get another!

Thomas
Old March 14th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

"ThomasH"
I feel lucky that I got the Agfa A3 IT8 calibration target
from Wolf Faust, as well as the Agfa CT100 Precisa strip
from Colour Science! I made *.icc profiles from them and
I keep these targets in the freezer. We will not get another!

No, but you could get the better HCT target.

john c

Old March 15th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

wrote:

AGFA made crappy film and deserved it fate.

You make crappy comments, so what about your fate?

Ralf

Old March 15th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:
wrote:

AGFA made crappy film and deserved it fate.

You make crappy comments, so what about your fate?

Every AGFA product I tried was ****.

Ralf

Old March 15th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

wrote:

Every AGFA product I tried was ****.

Every message of yours...

Ralf

Old March 25th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

"ThomasH" wrote in message
. ..
On 14-Mar-06 03:04, babelfish wrote:
"ThomasH"
I feel lucky that I got the Agfa A3 IT8 calibration target
from Wolf Faust, as well as the Agfa CT100 Precisa strip
from Colour Science! I made *.icc profiles from them and
I keep these targets in the freezer. We will not get another!

No, but you could get the better HCT target.

john c

Explain!

Color consultant Don Hutcheson designed and patented the HCT target which is
universally accepted by those doing commercial scanning as the best money
can buy. Visit his website at www.hutchcolor.com and have a look under HCT.
These are individually measured targets so each one comes with its own
unique values. They also are specially made and processed to extend to the
largest color gamut possible on film so that the full range of the scanner
isn't clipped by the profile.