Do any kiosks accept USB?

Old March 15th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Do any kiosks accept USB?

I was surprised that the digital Kiosk at my local Frontier lab
did not have a USB input slot! It had everything else, even that
cursed Sony MemoryStick. With more computers having USB plugs
than any other interface, and with USB memory selling for $14/GB
(last week's price at Frye's) this seems short-sighted.

Can anybody here take USB memory to your local digital minilab?

Old March 15th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Depends on your term "here"
We have two kiosk system that accepts USB and five other terminals that also
accept USB.
However, saying that we have switched to Noritsu systems.

Old March 15th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Dave J wrote:
Can anybody here take USB memory to your local digital minilab?

Depends on your term "here". We have two kiosk systems
that accept USB and five other terminals that also accept USB.
However, saying that we have switched to Noritsu systems.

Are the kiosks also made by Noritsu?

The kiosk connected to my local Frontier is branded "Aladdin".

Old March 18th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

the place i go to accepts usb and just about any other format, you can
also check them out he http://www.digitalphotoplus.com

Old March 18th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

my local lab accepts usb and just about any other media card out there,
check them out http://www.digitalphotoplus.com

Old March 18th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

In article Bill Tuthill writes:
$Can anybody here take USB memory to your local digital minilab?

Not at the one I've been using, either, even though its kiosk
is a PC.

I think the assumption is that most people who bring photos in
to be printed are not bringing in photos they've manipulated at
home; they're popping the memory card out of their camera and want
to plug it directly into the kiosk (and maybe use the kiosk's
rudimentary editing features to crop, rotate, fix red-eye, etc.)
Since few if any digital cameras accept USB keys, kiosk manufacturers
don't see them as necessary inputs to kiosks.
--
Stephen M. Dunn

Old March 20th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Stephen M. Dunn wrote:

Since few if any digital cameras accept USB keys, kiosk manufacturers
don't see them as necessary inputs to kiosks.

Yup.

BTW, a local store had 1 GB of USB-key memory for $14 last week.
I have not seen CF or SD memory priced that low.

My wife purchased a USB-key with replaceable plug-in memory module.
The memory module with plug is smaller than SD memory cards.