Twilight of the DSLR?

Old October 9th 15, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Twilight of the DSLR?

In article , PeterN
wrote:

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

In theory :-)

Not even in theory. After the first glass, air in the bottle oxides and
ruins the wine.

Finish the bottle in one session: Problem Solved!!!

with all the typos that peter makes, that's very likely what he does.

You are continuing to prove yourself a confrontational asshole.

i excel at everything i do.
Old October 9th 15, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/9/2015 4:45 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

In theory :-)

Not even in theory. After the first glass, air in the bottle oxides and
ruins the wine.

Finish the bottle in one session: Problem Solved!!!

with all the typos that peter makes, that's very likely what he does.

You are continuing to prove yourself a confrontational asshole.

i excel at everything i do.

Including not answering questions.

--
PeterN
Old October 9th 15, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a
lot
longer after opening.

In theory :-)

Not even in theory. After the first glass, air in the bottle oxides and
ruins the wine.

Finish the bottle in one session: Problem Solved!!!

with all the typos that peter makes, that's very likely what he does.

You are continuing to prove yourself a confrontational asshole.

i excel at everything i do.

Including not answering questions.

there was no question in the above to answer.

you also might want to lighten up.
Old October 9th 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:13:32 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 10/8/2015 8:41 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 17:22:53 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 10/8/2015 3:29 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 14:05:54 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 10/8/2015 12:03 AM, android wrote:
In article , Davoud
wrote:

PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

Davoud:
One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

PeterN:
Wrong. It ships in flexible plastic bottles, that don't expand until the
dehydrated water is hydrated. Saves a lot of counter space too.

Ah, you must be in Europe. Typically a couple of years ahead of the
U.S. in these kinds of innovations.

The real advantage with flexible bottles is that you can keep air from
the water and thus the taste of it becomes less stale over time...

That is done with box wine. It isn't the best, but if someone just likes
a glass or two a day it's inexpensive and consistent. Plus it's
drinkable if you don't mind the lack of body in the taste.

That's due to the wine, not the wine box.

I doubt if a nice wine would be boxed. I admit I am not sure, but it has
something do to with the aging process.

Wine boxes were invented in Australia and the first really succesful
valve was invented in New Zealand. I therefore was priviliged to
sample the early box wines. They were magnificent!

Unfortunately, as the market grew, cheaper and cheaper wines were used
and succeeded in pushing out the better wines on the basis of price.
The box wine market in this part of the world has suffered from the
flood of good to better moderately-priced bottled wines which have
substantially taken over.

The 'aging process' explanation seems peculiar unless the wine is
being compared with wine in the now rare cork-sealed bottles.

I am comparing boxed wine to cork. Cork sealed bottles are not rare here
at all. I will not buy any wine for a gift or consumption at one
sitting, unless it is cork sealed.

There is a world-wide swing from cork to screw top for reasons of
quality (except for sparkiling wine where the 'pop' as the cork is
released is part of the experience). A local master of wine (Michael
Brakovich) tod me that up to 20% of the local vintage was in some way
spoiled or tainted as a result of cork problems. The spoilage from
screw crops is virtually nil.

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

That's because the valve keeps out the entry of air and unwanted flora
and fauna.

Eric Stevens
Old October 9th 15, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I am too much of a traditionalist to buy fine wine with a metal cap.
Despite this:

http://wine.yoexpert.com/storing-and-serving-wines-8639/which-is-better-screw-cap-or-cork-4095.html

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

That's because the valve keeps out the entry of air and unwanted flora
and fauna.

Yep!

--
PeterN
Old October 9th 15, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/9/2015 5:19 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a
lot
longer after opening.

In theory :-)

Not even in theory. After the first glass, air in the bottle oxides and
ruins the wine.

Finish the bottle in one session: Problem Solved!!!

with all the typos that peter makes, that's very likely what he does.

You are continuing to prove yourself a confrontational asshole.

i excel at everything i do.

Including not answering questions.

there was no question in the above to answer.

I knew that would be your answer. Do you want each unanswered question
posted, just one from the last five days would prove my point.

Old October 10th 15, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

It depends whether you are buying the wine for the taste or the
theatre.

I was interested to see that the above page gives much the same data
as I was given, some fifteen or twenty years ago.