Twilight of the DSLR?

Old October 8th 15, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Twilight of the DSLR?

In article , Davoud
wrote:

PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

Davoud:
One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

PeterN:
Wrong. It ships in flexible plastic bottles, that don't expand until the
dehydrated water is hydrated. Saves a lot of counter space too.

Ah, you must be in Europe. Typically a couple of years ahead of the
U.S. in these kinds of innovations.

The real advantage with flexible bottles is that you can keep air from
the water and thus the taste of it becomes less stale over time...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 8th 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 12:53:35 -0400, Davoud wrote:

PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

Better to sell bits of paper explaining how to get water from one's tap
because bottled mineral water is a ecological disaster and a hoax.
Thousands of sheets of paper could be shipped in the space taken up by
one case of dehydrated water. And each person would only need to buy
one sheet and then remember what it says. 1. Identify your sink...

Which sink? I have three, so does it matter where the water comes
from? And how does the water know whether or not it's supposed to go
to the bathrrom or kitchen? I mean, I can't cook with bathroom water,
can I? No!
Old October 8th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/8/2015 12:03 AM, android wrote:
In article , Davoud
wrote:

[...]

That is done with box wine. It isn't the best, but if someone just likes
a glass or two a day it's inexpensive and consistent. Plus it's
drinkable if you don't mind the lack of body in the taste.

--
PeterN
Old October 8th 15, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/8/2015 10:08 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 8 October 2015 00:40:32 UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

Davoud:
One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

PeterN:
Wrong. It ships in flexible plastic bottles, that don't expand until the
dehydrated water is hydrated. Saves a lot of counter space too.

Ah, you must be in Europe. Typically a couple of years ahead of the
U.S. in these kinds of innovations.

Note sure if anyones brought any,
http://www.buydehydratedwater.com/resellers.html

Hey! pet rocks sold well.
Why does it not surprise me that someone stole my concept.

A similar thing happened when I wrote an offering memorandum for a nauga
breeding farm, because Naugahyde was in short supply.

check out the testomonials if confusted

--
PeterN
Old October 8th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/8/2015 1:26 PM, Bowser wrote:

snip

I mean, I can't cook with bathroom water,
can I? No!

You can, but the taste of the food will depend on prior use of the
water, and method of cooking.

--
PeterN
Old October 8th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

That's due to the wine, not the wine box.

Eric Stevens
Old October 8th 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I doubt if a nice wine would be boxed. I admit I am not sure, but it has
something do to with the aging process.

--
PeterN
Old October 9th 15, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

Wine boxes were invented in Australia and the first really succesful
valve was invented in New Zealand. I therefore was priviliged to
sample the early box wines. They were magnificent!

Unfortunately, as the market grew, cheaper and cheaper wines were used
and succeeded in pushing out the better wines on the basis of price.
The box wine market in this part of the world has suffered from the
flood of good to better moderately-priced bottled wines which have
substantially taken over.

The 'aging process' explanation seems peculiar unless the wine is
being compared with wine in the now rare cork-sealed bottles.

Eric Stevens
Old October 9th 15, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I am comparing boxed wine to cork. Cork sealed bottles are not rare here
at all. I will not buy any wine for a gift or consumption at one
sitting, unless it is cork sealed.
To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

--
PeterN
Old October 9th 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/9/2015 11:54 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 9 October 2015 16:13:11 UTC+1, peterN wrote:

I am comparing boxed wine to cork. Cork sealed bottles are not rare here
at all. I will not buy any wine for a gift or consumption at one
sitting, unless it is cork sealed.

what about screw topped, and you can get stoppers to seal the bottle.

To my taste boxed wine = bottled wine in quality, with the advantage
going to boxed for convenience. I have tried vacuum pumps on bottles,
but they only give you a couple of days extra. Boxed wine can last a lot
longer after opening.

In theory :-)

Not even in theory. After the first glass, air in the bottle oxides and
ruins the wine.

--
PeterN