Twilight of the DSLR?

Old October 5th 15, 12:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default Twilight of the DSLR?

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 17:29:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their DSLRs? What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's not summer. Yet, some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is something new coming, or is this an attempt to jump-start moribund DSLR sales levels?

I didn't see them. I'm not camera shopping right now.

I have seen discounts before on cameras and other items. The reasons
vary greatly so no conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, I was in a local warehouse club yesterday, and they had bottled
water discounted by nearly 50%. I wonder is a newer improved water is
coming and they're trying to clear their inventory?
Old October 5th 15, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

RichA:
See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their DSLRs?
What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's not summer. Yet,
some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is something new coming, or is this
an attempt to jump-start moribund DSLR sales levels?

Our house idiot, already in my kill-file, comes up with another idiotic
post, which is also headed for my kill-file.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old October 5th 15, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their DSLRs? What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's not summer. Yet, some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is something new coming, or is this an attempt to jump-start moribund DSLR sales levels?

I didn't see them. I'm not camera shopping right now.

I have seen discounts before on cameras and other items. The reasons
vary greatly so no conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, I was in a local warehouse club yesterday, and they had bottled
water discounted by nearly 50%. I wonder is a newer improved water is
coming and they're trying to clear their inventory?

You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

--
PeterN
Old October 6th 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Davoud
wrote:

RichA:
See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their DSLRs?
What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's not summer.
Yet,
some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is something new coming, or is
this
an attempt to jump-start moribund DSLR sales levels?

Our house idiot, already in my kill-file, comes up with another idiotic
post, which is also headed for my kill-file.

Thunderbird is the Usenet client for you! It allows you to kill a thread
or subthread when a trigger element is discovered. If, lets say that you
wanna killfile "Mr Burns" then you can also killfile any respons to his
posts too! Terrific right!!!

http://tinyurl.com/pjnpjxq

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/pr...nload-install-
and-migration
--
teleportation kills
Old October 6th 15, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

wrote:

See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their
DSLRs? What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's
not summer. Yet, some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is
something new coming, or is this an attempt to jump-start moribund
DSLR sales levels?

I didn't see them. I'm not camera shopping right now.

I have seen discounts before on cameras and other items. The reasons
vary greatly so no conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, I was in a local warehouse club yesterday, and they had bottled
water discounted by nearly 50%. I wonder is a newer improved water is
coming and they're trying to clear their inventory?

You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Powdered water - just add water.

Old October 6th 15, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their
DSLRs? What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's
not summer. Yet, some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is
something new coming, or is this an attempt to jump-start moribund
DSLR sales levels?

I didn't see them. I'm not camera shopping right now.

I have seen discounts before on cameras and other items. The reasons
vary greatly so no conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, I was in a local warehouse club yesterday, and they had bottled
water discounted by nearly 50%. I wonder is a newer improved water is
coming and they're trying to clear their inventory?

You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Powdered water - just add water.

Freeze dried?

http://preparedforthat.com/how-to-fr...-food-at-home/
--
teleportation kills
Old October 7th 15, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

See the huge discounts being offered by Nikon and Canon on their DSLRs? What is the precedence for this? It's not Christmas, it's not summer. Yet, some of the Nikons are 25% off (D610). Is something new coming, or is this an attempt to jump-start moribund DSLR sales levels?

I didn't see them. I'm not camera shopping right now.

I have seen discounts before on cameras and other items. The reasons
vary greatly so no conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, I was in a local warehouse club yesterday, and they had bottled
water discounted by nearly 50%. I wonder is a newer improved water is
coming and they're trying to clear their inventory?

You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!
Old October 7th 15, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

Better to sell bits of paper explaining how to get water from one's tap
because bottled mineral water is a ecological disaster and a hoax.
Thousands of sheets of paper could be shipped in the space taken up by
one case of dehydrated water. And each person would only need to buy
one sheet and then remember what it says. 1. Identify your sink...

Old October 7th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/7/2015 12:53 PM, Davoud wrote:
PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

Wrong. It ships in flexible plastic bottles, that don't expand until the
dehydrated water is hydrated. Saves a lot of counter space too.

Old October 8th 15, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

PeterN:
You didn't hear about it. They are now selling bottles of dehydrated
water.
Wow! you must keep up. ;-)

Bowser:
Man, that must cut the shipping costs quite a bit!

Davoud:
One might think so, but that isn't the case. Given that the dehydrated
water is in bottles, the volume shipped is the same as if they were
selling hydrated water.

PeterN:
Wrong. It ships in flexible plastic bottles, that don't expand until the
dehydrated water is hydrated. Saves a lot of counter space too.

Ah, you must be in Europe. Typically a couple of years ahead of the
U.S. in these kinds of innovations.