Canon A2E vs. Elan IIe

Old February 12th 17, 11:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Canon A2E vs. Elan IIe

On 11/02/2017 4:11 @wiz, wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 8:31:19 AM UTC-4,
wrote:
I thought it would be fun to post a reply MANY years later and see
if anyone would get a notice to read. It is now the future and film
cameras are mostly dead as far as new sales. I wish I could send
this post back in time to tell everyone on here that I have 2 A2e
cams and 2 Elan IIe cams. I LOVE the Elan IIe for its easy access
to all settings. Many via external knobs. However, I simply prefer
the A2e. Here is the killer. I paid only $10-$20 for each one.
People simply don't want them any more and basically give them
away. Crazy how fast that happened!

I had to reply to a 20 years old thread. There is not much choice for
folks who want to buy a brand new film camera, it's either Leica,
Nikon, Fuji, Holga or Lubitel. However the film market won't die
anytime soon, Ilford is quite popular there days, Kodak just
announced the reintroduction of Ektachrome, Ferrania is finally ready
to get back to business and Adox is building a new factory near
Berlin. Film has become a niche market with enough customers to
sustain the remaining players.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I let go of my F, F2AS, F4 and F6!
Oh, and there is also a FM3A and a couple of medium format Mamiyas.

Still use them all every once in a while, with the F6 and the Mamiya
645Pro-TL by far the most touched. And there are still over 150 film
rolls in the deep freezer. Plus 3 scanners. Yes, I know: I am sick...