Photo Gallery

Old April 13th 05, 12:16 PM
Roy

Default Photo Gallery

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to be able
to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums, and lots
of space would be good.
I like the layout of this site:

http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)

but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
I look forward to your suggestions.
Regards,
Roy.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book,
send me, e- greetings cards or web page links via their site
to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.
Thank you.

www.btinternet.com/~godalming

Old April 13th 05, 12:59 PM
My View

Definitely try pbase. The cost for 200Mb (which allows plenty of images to
be uploaded) is only around US$29 (?) per year. Well worth it for the ease
it provides in setting it up. Has the password option you are after as well.
I have been with them since end of last year.
regards
PeterH
http://www.pbase.com/pshardie

Old April 13th 05, 01:51 PM
Mark Lauter

Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to be
able
to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums, and

lots
of space would be good.

pbase is very expensive for what you get.

go register your domain name

go to http://gallery.menalto.com/ and download Gallery

go to ixwebhosting.com and open an account

upload and configure gallery

Enjoy your 10 gig of space for $24 a year.

--
Mark Lauter

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com

Old April 13th 05, 02:23 PM
Eric Babula

"Roy" wrote in
:

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need
to be able
to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums,
and lots of space would be good.
I like the layout of this site:

http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)

but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
I look forward to your suggestions.
Regards,
Roy.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book,
send me, e- greetings cards or web page links via their site
to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.
Thank you.

www.btinternet.com/~godalming

What about www.webshots.com? I haven't used them, but it seems that you
can create your own online album, and make it secure, all for free. I
don't know much about it, though - you'll have to research it - like,
how much space you get, etc.

Has anyone used Webshots?

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old April 13th 05, 02:56 PM
Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Try www.shuttercity.com, it's the one I use.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

Old April 13th 05, 05:55 PM
SeaShel

Roy wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to
be able to require login for invited guests to view some personal
albums, and lots of space would be good.
I like the layout of this site:

http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)

but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
I look forward to your suggestions.
Regards,
Roy.

www.smugmug.com

$30 per year, and your upload space is unlimited. Classy site.

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

Old April 13th 05, 09:38 PM
Roy

Hi, thank you everyone for your comments & suggestions, I will take a closer
look at them.

Regards,
Roy.

Old April 16th 05, 04:48 AM
Pierre Jelenc

Mark Lauter writes:

go to ixwebhosting.com and open an account

upload and configure gallery

Enjoy your 10 gig of space for $24 a year.

Where? All I see is:

500 MB Space 1 Domain $4.95/mo!
1,500 MB Space 1 Domain $6.99/mo!
2,500 MB Space 3 Domains $12.99/mo!

etc. Plus $20 setup.

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
| www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog