Graphics tablets

Old March 6th 18, 12:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Graphics tablets

Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).
Old March 6th 18, 12:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

newshound:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856.

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
for presentation of all kinds of graphics.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old March 6th 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 3/6/2018 6:44 AM, newshound wrote:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

I've used graphics tablets since the early '80s, beginning with
Summagraphics and now Wacom. They're far more accurate than a mouse for
serious editing such as selecting areas, retouching, etc. If all one is
doing is resizing, cropping, or applying general attributes to the whole
image (contrast, color adjustments, etc.), they may be of little benefit.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old March 6th 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Davoud wrote:
newshound:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856.

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
for presentation of all kinds of graphics.

I use a Wacom Intuos Medium, and at times I also use my iPad Pro with the
Astropad app which lets the iPad perform like a poorman’s Cintiq.
https://astropad.com

Savageduck
Old March 6th 18, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Savageduck wrote:
Davoud wrote:
newshound:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856.

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
for presentation of all kinds of graphics.

I use a Wacom Intuos Medium, and at times I also use my iPad Pro with the
Astropad app which lets the iPad perform like a poorman’s Cintiq.
https://astropad.com

Airkeyboard, also provides a bunch of functions for desktop/laptop Macs
including custom keyboards for apps such as Lightroom, and Photoshop.

http://www.airkeyboardapp.com

Savageduck
Old March 7th 18, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 3/6/2018 6:44 AM, newshound wrote:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

I use my Intuis exclusively for photo editing, and painting over photos.
It is a lot easier than making selections with a mouse. For plain
graphic use you should be able to pick up a Wacom Bamboo used, Or a Star
should meet your needs. They are about $40
https://www.storexppen.com/product/54.html

--
PeterN
Old March 11th 18, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 06/03/2018 11:44, newshound wrote:
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

Thanks to all for the advice. I won't rush to get one ATM (I have some
videos to edit) but perhaps when I get round to scanning my slides and
negatives (next autumn at the earliest!)