When, how and why to use the different ADL settings. (Low,Normal, High, Extra high) on a D7000.

Old December 19th 12, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default When, how and why to use the different ADL settings. (Low,Normal, High, Extra high) on a D7000.

ben brugman wrote:

Occasionally I use the ADL settings (High Dynamic Range), but haven's
figured out which setting should be used for which situation.

Does anybody have a good link or an good anwser for this?

"The right one."

The better answer would be to use RAW (exposing to the right)
and do the ADL effect in the RAW converter. As long as you
didn't overexpose any parts where you might want hints of
texture, you can retroactively try and re-try settings long
after the shooting.

-Wolfgang
Old December 31st 12, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_18_]

On 12/30/2012 10:38 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
ben brugman wrote:

Occasionally I use the ADL settings (High Dynamic Range), but haven's
figured out which setting should be used for which situation.

Does anybody have a good link or an good anwser for this?

"The right one."

The better answer would be to use RAW (exposing to the right)
and do the ADL effect in the RAW converter. As long as you
didn't overexpose any parts where you might want hints of
texture, you can retroactively try and re-try settings long
after the shooting.

-Wolfgang

TY. Already some info on my new 7000. I'll keep copying to file.

Here is a good site for Nikon information.
http://www.bythom.com/

He is quite through in his reviews and his books are, if anything, too
complete.

--
PeterN