D600 shots are soft in Dpreview tests

Old December 19th 12, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default D600 shots are soft in Dpreview tests

On 2012-12-18 15:39:15 -0800, Savageduck

On 2012-12-18 14:39:46 -0800, Alan Browne
said:

On 2012.12.18 06:19 , Chris Malcolm wrote:

Radio shutter remote control are only expensive if made by the camera
maker.

Or if they are Pocket Wizard's or another high end (high performance)
bra nd.

The PW's are a far superior product, have greater range and "fire"
reliability.

But for casual users, the studio and so on, the cheap Chinese
triggers are more than adequate. (I bought a transmitter and 2
receivers, used, for about $35. New it would have been about $60).

A basic XMT/RCV pair of PW's was over $400 last I looked.

Yup!
I have the Phottix Plato for my D300S, and it does allI need of it.
http://www.phottix.com/en/wireless-r...tix-plato.html

Then they have all sorts of other choices all at reasonable prices
when compared with the brand name stuff, including a live remote.
http://www.phottix.com/en/wireless-remotes.html

Here are their prices:
http://www.phottixstore.com/

I meant something more basic: wireless sync. That's all. 4 channels.
That's all.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old December 19th 12, 09:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rob

On 2012-12-18 15:39:15 -0800, Savageduck

On 2012-12-18 14:39:46 -0800, Alan Browne
said:

[...]

I have something like this cheap as chips.

http://www.linkdelight.com/R6I-Wirel...as-MC-DC2.html
Old December 20th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-12-18 15:39:15 -0800, Savageduck

On 2012-12-18 14:39:46 -0800, Alan Browne
said:

[...]

As

long as it works and you are happy with its performance, that is all
you should need.

Savageduck