Left handed camera

Old September 22nd 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jem Raid

Default Left handed camera

I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his left
hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for sale
http://www.jemraid.com/index.html

Old September 23rd 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Morton

Jem Raid wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his left
hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for sale
http://www.jemraid.com/index.html

You might try a handgrip that screws in to the tripod socket.

Morton
Old September 23rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mack

"Morton" wrote in message
Jem Raid wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his
left hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for sale
http://www.jemraid.com/index.html

You might try a handgrip that screws in to the tripod socket.

Morton

I just tried using my new Panasonic DMC FX07 (a tiny flat little guy) in my
left hand, and with a couple of minutes practise, it seemed easy to me...and
I didn't put it in hand upside down, but that indeed would be easier yet.

Old September 23rd 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

mack wrote:
"Morton" wrote in message
Jem Raid wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his
left hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for sale
http://www.jemraid.com/index.html

You might try a handgrip that screws in to the tripod socket.

Morton

I just tried using my new Panasonic DMC FX07 (a tiny flat little guy) in my
left hand, and with a couple of minutes practise, it seemed easy to me...and
I didn't put it in hand upside down, but that indeed would be easier yet.

Same with my canon A95. Works with either lcd or viewfinder. One caveat,
I would strongly recommend using a neck strap. which you may have to
improvise for cameras that only use a single hand strap. The neck strap
is useful for anyone, don't know why p&s only come with that little hand
strap.
Dave Cohen
Old September 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Ion

Dave Cohen wrote:

Same with my canon A95. Works with either lcd or viewfinder. One caveat,
I would strongly recommend using a neck strap.

Yes, but make sure it's not a Canon strap!
Old September 23rd 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Sep 22, 4:19 pm, "Jem Raid" wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his left
hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for salehttp://www.jemraid.com/index.html

Depending on his needs, a good cell phone might suit his needs.

Old September 23rd 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

On 2007-09-22 20:01:37 -0700, Pat said:

On Sep 22, 4:19 pm, "Jem Raid" wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of his left
hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for salehttp://www.jemraid.com/index.html

Depending on his needs, a good cell phone might suit his needs.

An interesting idea, that, and possibly not too far off base.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old September 23rd 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jem Raid

Thanks for all the help much appreciated.

The upside down idea is a good one, and I never thought of trying a very
small digicam left handed or using a cell phone, will pass these idea on.

Jem

Old September 23rd 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jonathan

Jem Raid wrote:
I have a friend in need of a digital camera, he only has the use of
his left hand.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Jem

Toned Cyanotypes for sale
http://www.jemraid.com/index.html

Find a camera that has a remote control and set it on a small tripod.
Depending on the budget this is 100% doable. DSLR cameras have remote
shutter release cables like the old SLR cameras have for decades. Some have
wireless that work at great distances. Google might tell you if there are
P&S cameras with this feature.

Old September 23rd 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: -----------------------------------------
: Toned Cyanotypes for sale
: http://www.jemraid.com/index.html
:
: Find a camera that has a remote control and set it on a small tripod.
: Depending on the budget this is 100% doable. DSLR cameras have remote
: shutter release cables like the old SLR cameras have for decades. Some
: have wireless that work at great distances. Google might tell you if
: there are P&S cameras with this feature.

My Canon G-5 has wireless remote control, and it can be used as a P&S. It's a
good bet that some of the newer Canons have a similar feature.

OTOH, that may or may not meet Jem's friend's needs, since it's a stationary
setup.

Bob